Commercial & Procurement Consultant
Evolve Commercial is seeking a Commercial & Procurement professional to join our company and work in a consulting capacity to support our clients’ complex technology programmes. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and accelerate your career by working with a great team on exciting and challenging programmes.
As a member of the Evolve Commercial team, your role will include delivery of services to our clients and supporting the growth of the company by developing our service offering.
This is a great time to join Evolve Commercial. We are an exciting, fast-growing SME and we are looking for someone to grow with us. The right candidate should be someone who appreciates the challenges of creating something new and is excited to ‘roll up their sleeves’ to get things done to build the company. For this person, an excellent package is on offer. As a small company, we also offer you flexibility, autonomy and space for creative and innovative thinking, where you can put your great ideas into practice.
You will be an ambitious commercial & procurement professional, ideally with a background in public sector procurement. We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant experience and an interest in IT procurement.
Not only will you be directly supporting our clients in delivering their mission-critical requirements, but you will be working with us to establish Evolve Commercial as a trusted provider of commercial and procurement services. You will be self-motivated and enjoy using your commercial acumen to help drive our ambitious growth plans.
- Support relationship management with clients and suppliers
- Help develop the company’s internal capability and service offering
Provide commercial & procurement support & advice to our clients:
- Supporting the development of procurement and commercial strategies
- Assisting pre-sourcing market analysis
- Supporting and inputting to business cases for new procurements
- Leading of relevant sized tender projects within public sector frameworks
- Involvement in supplier performance management activities
- Undertaking value-for-money analysis for business cases and tenders
- Advising on procurement processes to ensure compliance with Public Contract Regulations and Defence & Security Public Contract Regulations as well as the clients’ internal policies and procedures
- Carrying out various Contract Management activities and ensuring that files are up to date, providing an auditable trail of effective management
- Supporting other members of the team to develop skills and experience in more complex procurements
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Ability to build effective relationships with clients
- Strong business acumen, able to adapt to different clients and quickly pick up new tasks or use initiative to seek out and resolve problems
- Ideally an understanding of Public Contract Regulations and experience operating in the Defence or Security sector
- Knowledge and understanding of technology procurement, or willingness to learn. Ability to deliver results to time and quality
- Successful candidate likely to hold, be working towards or keen to work towards CIPS/MCIPS or IACCM accreditation
- Other professional qualifications and a relevant degree or degree level qualification are also desirable
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance essential