City of Wolverhampton Council is recruiting new leaders in Procurement
City of Wolverhampton Council recognise the importance of a highly skilled Procurement team and as such are now making a significant investment in recruiting additional colleagues to support, the outcomes of the Council.
With this ongoing investment in not only recruitment but training colleagues up to Level 6 of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) we want to ensure that Procurement is seen as a strategic value-creating support service for stakeholders within the Council.
The team requires pragmatic individuals who can work on multiple projects with a goal of ensuring value for money is achieved for the citizens of Wolverhampton.
The Council are looking for people to join the Procurement team for our new chapter. We are looking for people with relevant category experience who can demonstrate the right commercial acumen, confidence to disrupt traditional thinking and enthusiasm to make a difference. The Council operates within central Wolverhampton but opportunities for flexible and agile working will be considered.
Located in the heart of the city of Wolverhampton, we offer a modernised working environment with great transport links, a wide-ranging staff benefits scheme, competitive salary and flexible working hours.
An opportunity has arisen for a number of Procurement Professionals to join the team as Procurement Managers for the following categories:
- Construction x 2 (preferably with knowledge of JCT/NEC contracts)
- FM x 1 (preferably with knowledge of JCT/NEC contracts)
- ICT x 1 (preferably with knowledge of ICT systems and solutions)
- Social care x 1 (preferably with knowledge of health and social care)
The roles will require individuals with in-depth knowledge of procurement best practice knowledge.
To be successful you will need to:
- Significant knowledge of Public Contract Regulations 2015;
- Be able to develop options for effective decision making;
- Be able to problem solve;
- Ensure compliance with all processes and update systems accordingly;
- Influencing stakeholders at all levels;
- Provide a quality service focussed on supporting stakeholders;
- Be able to deliver in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple projects.
Experience of leading on complex tender processes, including working with stakeholders, cross functional teams, legal services and partner organisations.
Supporting development of category strategies
Supporting stakeholders to ensure they are compliant with Public Contract Regulations 2015 and internal policies.
- Level 6 Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply via examination and Member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPs) or studying towards achieving this.
- BSc Hons degree
- Significant category experience
What's on Offer
CIPS sponsorship up to Level 6.
To see more information, please visit WM Jobs - About City of Wolverhampton Council.
For a confidential discussion please contact John Thompson, Head of Procurement on 01902 554503 or John.Thompson@wolverhampton.gov.uk
Please note previous applicants need not apply.