Procurement Business Partner
City of Wolverhampton Council is recruiting new leaders in Procurement
City of Wolverhampton Council recognise the importance of a highly skilled Procurement team and as such are now making a significant investment in recruiting additional colleagues to support, the outcomes of the Council.
With this ongoing investment in not only recruitment but training colleagues up to Level 6 of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) we want to ensure that Procurement is seen as a strategic value-creating support service for stakeholders within the Council.
The team requires pragmatic individuals who can work on multiple projects with a goal of ensuring value for money is achieved for the citizens of Wolverhampton.
The Council are looking for people to join the Procurement team for our new chapter. We are looking for people with relevant category experience who can demonstrate the right commercial acumen, confidence to disrupt traditional thinking and enthusiasm to make a difference. The Council operates within central Wolverhampton but opportunities for flexible and agile working will be considered.
Located in the heart of the city of Wolverhampton, we offer a modernised working environment with great transport links, a wide-ranging staff benefits scheme, competitive salary and flexible working hours.
An opportunity has arisen for a number of Procurement Professionals to join the team as Procurement Business Partners for the following categories:
- Social Care x 1
- ICT x 1
- Construction x 1
The roles will require individuals with in-depth knowledge of Public Contract Regulations 2015 and procurement best practice.
To be successful you will need to:
- Strategic in your thinking and able to effectively challenge the norm;
- Be analytical and make decisive decisions;
- Be adaptable and effectively problem solve;
- Lead from the front and able to motivate and develop your team;
- Communicate with and influence stakeholders at all levels;
- Provide a quality service focussed on supporting stakeholders;
- Be able to deliver in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple projects.
Significant experience of leading on highly complex tenders and contract negotiations, including working with stakeholders, cross functional teams, legal services and partner organisations.
Development of category strategies.
Assisting the business in delivering exciting objectives for the designated category whilst ensuring a consistently improving source of supply.
Significant experience of the category you are applying for.
- Level 6 Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply via examination and Member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPs)
- BSc Hons degree within a relevant category field (see job description for each role)
- CILEx Level 6 Diploma in Law and Practice or LLB Law (Hons)
What's on Offer
CIPS sponsorship up to Level 6
To see more information, please visit WM Jobs -About City of Wolverhampton Council.
For a confidential discussion please contact John Thompson, Head of Procurement on 01902 554503 or John.Thompson@wolverhampton.gov.uk
Please note previous applicants need not apply.