Procurement and Contracts Officer
This is a great opportunity for a junior buyer who is seeking to make their next career move or for someone who wants to move into an interesting public sector role.
Cheshire Police HQ is based at Winsford in Cheshire. The successful candidate will join the Strategic Procurement Unit which is part of the recently formed joint Police and Fire Corporate Services department.
As a Procurement and Contracts Officer, you will:
- Lead on the contract and procurement process for medium value, medium risk contracts/procurements within a range of categories;
- Provide professional advice and support regarding the design and preparation of specifications for tenders and contracts, evaluation, and the drafting of terms and conditions ;
- Establish and develop strong working relationships with customers and 3rd party providers;
- Manage the review of existing contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Be qualified to level 5 in a procurement or a business related subject, or have equivalent relevant experience.
- Have a good working knowledge of procurement and contract law.
- Have significant experience of purchasing and procurement across a broad range of environments, preferably IT, estates and property, and professional services which will include the tendering process; drafting, negotiating, and managing the procurement process; monitoring, reviewing, and evaluation of contract compliance; assisting with the drafting of terms and conditions.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the Cheshire Police Jobs website at