Capital Procurement Manager - Major Utilities Firm
Capital Procurement Sourcing Manager
Location: Reading (Flexible Working)
Contact: Will Kenny at jobsWK@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Are you an experienced procurement sourcing manager with a hunger to join a rapidly growing organisation and implement change? A household name in the utilities space and the biggest of its kind in the UK, are looking for a sourcing manager to join their wider procurement function and help implement innovative cost saving solutions within their multi-site, flagship capital projects.
Based out of Reading, you will exhibit excellent commercial awareness, ensuring unparalleled value to customers is at the heart of everything you do. This will be delivered principally through your profound knowledge of construction delivery models, as well as contract forms (NEC, FIDIC, IChemE), complex risk management and procurement regulations (OJEU).
You will consolidate company-wide processes through your engagement with key stakeholders and clients, working within a cross functional team to deliver on procurement objectives and meet key deadlines. This is an enviable opportunity for an ambitious, decisive procurement professional to join a utilities giant at a crucial time of step change and take responsibility over capital projects valued in the hundreds of millions.
As a Capital Procurement Sourcing Manager you will:-
- Operate in a commercial construction/procurement management role.
- Oversee and set the strategy for flagship capital projects.
- Have a knowledge of procurement sourcing as it pertains to construction in this space (capital equipment; cranes, drills etc).
- Be cost management focused and eager to maximise value.
- Have a sound understanding of contracts and risks associated (FIDIC, NEC, IChemE).
- Understand the importance and implications of OJEU regulations on procurement functions.
- Engage successfully with both clients and key internal/external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of successfully leading strategic sourcing, at a multi-site level.
- Have a relevant Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Business, Engineering etc).
- Comfortable negotiating contracts.
- Strong communicator adept at influencing key stakeholders.
- Additional qualifications in purchasing such as CIPS highly desirable.
This major utilities organisation offers enviable opportunities for career progression. If you have relevant experience as a procurement sourcing manager and are excited by this new opportunity, then please apply now by sending your CV via the apply button above, or email your CV to Will Kenny at jobsWK@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key Words: Utilities, Sourcing Manager, Multi-Site, UK, Reading, Basingstoke, Slough, Berkshire, Hampshire, London, Procurement Manager, Procurement, Category Manager, Category Strategy, Engineering, IT, Sourcing, Sourcing Manager, Sourcing Specialist, EMEA, APAC, Buyer, Buying, Licensing, Outsourcing, Contracts, Contract Manager Stakeholders, Internal Stakeholders, External Stakeholders, Suppliers, SME, Subject Matter Expert, Capital, Capital Projects, Strategic Sourcing, CIPS, OJEU.