Category Manager - PCSS (6022)
This is a great opportunity to join our university client in London, to aid university staff in the delivery of Best Value through professional procurement practices and processes at all stages of the procurement cycle. The Category Manager role is required for an initial 3 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) but with potential for temp to perm. The post holder may be required to manage staff within the procurement team and will deputise in discreet areas of responsibility for the Director of Procurement Services as and when directed.
As Category Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure delivery of the Procurement Strategy and associated procedures & practices, managing delivery of specific procurement projects & areas as directed by the Director of Procurement Services.
- Developing & delivering sourcing strategies across Professional Services, Corporate Services & Scientific Services (PCSS)
- Manage & facilitate targeted reviews with corporate & cross-functional teams to improve procurement practices.
- Manage & monitor nominated contracts, both strategically & operationally, to continually deliver value.
- Review & draft terms & conditions and provide advice on legal contracts.
- Manage & ensure maximum value & efficiencies from procurements & related processes, including EU compliant tendering & contracting, proactive risk management, and early engagement with internal clients.
- Able to develop effective relationships with stakeholders & internal customers.
- Proven track record of drafting terms, contract documents, and supporting contract management activities
As Category Manager you will ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of our client’s live supplier agreements, driving supplier performance and value.
The Category Manager will be/have:
- Ideally previous & proven experience of procurement in Higher Education or wider Public Sector.
- Previous Professional Services (Legal & Audit etc), Corporate Services (HR, L&D, Recruitment, Employee Benefits etc) & Scientific Services (laboratory equipment) strategic sourcing experience.
- Qualified to a minimum of level 4 CIPS, and actively working towards completion of a level 5 qualification (or equivalent procurement discipline).
- Understanding of public sector procurement including a good working knowledge of procurement legislation.
- Proven track record of delivering value for money results for a wide range of goods, services and works at the various stages of the procurement life cycle, including tendering and contract management.
- Experience of defining and challenging business/customer needs and identifying commercial drivers for delivering increased value or improved services.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels to manage and influence others to achieve Procurement objectives.
- Able to develop effective relationships with stakeholders and internal customers.
- Proven track record of drafting terms, contract documents, and supporting contract management activities.
The Category Manager role is required for an initial 3 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) but with potential for temp to perm.
To register your interest in this Category Manager role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.