Senior Category Manager (Procurement)
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Category Manager (Procurement) on a full time basis for a fixed term period of 24 months. You will be responsible for providing a source of expertise for major procurement activity across the University, which includes supporting the delivery of Estates, corporate services, professional support directorates, academic requirements and other requirements as necessary. A broad range of category experience is preferred.
As Senior Category Manager, you will:
- ensure value for money is achieved from all procurement activity and a significant annual contribution towards University-wide savings targets is made
- increase the early involvement and influence of Procurement in all significant procurement projects
- managing and develop supplier and stakeholder relationships by way of supplier performance reviews to ensure delivery of performance with regard to cost, service and quality
- ensuring that the University is in a position of continuous improvement, embedding best practice as standard and keeping track of sector and market trends
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- a MCIPS qualification or relevant equivalent experience
- category and contract management experience, ideally within the public sector
- experience of data and trend analysis, identifying improvement opportunities, potential efficiencies and spend leverage / aggregation situations
- a proven track record of delivering significant savings through procurement activities
The Procurement Department at the University of Kent is nearing completion of a programme to transform the existing Procurement function into a best in class operation that is fully aligned with delivering the aims and objectives of the University Plan. This change, driven by the need to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness across the University, and indeed the wider sector, includes the alignment of resources to best meet those business objectives.
Please see the links below to view the full job description and to apply for this post. For further information regarding the application process, please contact the Resourcing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref number: CSF-239-21-R