Buyer in Commercial Vehicle Program Control and Material Cost
At Ford Motor Company we’re working to revolutionize mobility; fuelled by new challenges we are creating solutions to build a better world for everyone. To support our incredible plans for the future of mobility within Ford Motor Company, there are exciting opportunities for Buyers within Commercial Vehicle Program Control and Material Cost to join our Purchasing team.
As a Buyer, you will be the face of Purchasing into the Commercial Vehicle organisation and wider Ford team!
You will facilitate the growth of Commercial Vehicles and the cost control of commodities into vehicle programs by supporting the implementation of engineering solutions and Cost Management into New Model launches. Based at the Dunton office, ‘The Home of the Transit’, you will be required to form positive and effective working relationships with both Internal and External Partners, manage numerous workstreams simultaneously and have a proven ability to deliver to deadlines to ensure our Customers’ needs are met.
- Create a ‘matched pair’ with Material Cost or Program Control Purchasing counterparts to manage day to day activities and liaisons with Commodity team and be the point of contact into the Program teams.
- Communication of key program information (timing, volume, etc.) to Commodity teams
- Purchasing representation at key Program meetings, being the voice of the Purchasing team and the supply base implications.
- Support on-time Program delivery through delivering Purchasing deliverables in line with Ford program timing
- Support all sourcing activities including requests for quotation (RFQ), onboarding of suppliers, sourcing agreements, transport and logistics and Purchase and Tool order status.
- Support ongoing cost reduction / efficiency workstreams
- Collate, analyse and report of key program metrics related to sourcing status
- Facilitate resolution of open issues
- Support additional ‘Special Projects’ as required
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Joint Venture partners and cross functional internal partners and customers
- Drive compliance to support financial milestone events via Quote Verification Coverage at Checkpoints
- Drive completion of commodity deliverables (Cost & Timing) and execution of capacity study requirements
- Support QOS to drive process efficiencies and improvements for timely completion of program deliverables
- Lead commodity cost & efficiency initiatives
To excel in the role, you will need
- Demonstrable understanding of current challenges facing the automotive industry and the role of Purchasing to support the business
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Purchasing / Buying role
- Strong business acumen and excellent written and verbal abilities
- Proven experience in negotiating with both external Suppliers and internal Customers.
- Proven experience of presenting to Senior Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with Internal and External Partners / Suppliers
- Ability to work in a team, experience of working in cross functional teams is beneficial
- Self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude and able to work independently with little management support
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Proven ability to manage delivery to fixed deadlines and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Process driven, able to produce high quality and accurate work
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office Tools
- An ability to travel on company business as required
- Education is important to us; ideally, you’ll have a Degree or equivalent in hand, but if that’s not the case (and you have experience/ skills you feel are relevant and beneficial to the role) we’re interested to hear from you.
The ‘nice to haves’
We don’t expect candidates to have all of these but please mention the ones that you do:
- Experience in using procurement software
- Experience of Best Cost efficiency tools would be desirable.
Working at Ford Motor Company
Join the Ford family today to discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products and is always ready to go further.
We’re looking for talent that wants to take us somewhere new with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. At Ford, we’re proud of our people and ensure we provide the best environment for them to achieve both their personal and professional goals. We encourage support through our Employee Resource Groups (ERG) who help shape the way Ford operates together as well as within the community.
Eleven women of Ford have recently been recognised as industry champions in the British Car Industry awards: https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releases/eleven-women-of-ford-recognised-as-industry-champions-in-autocar-great-women-in-the-british-car-industry-awards/
We’ve trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders and created a media campaign internally and externally to challenge the stigma that surrounds mental health, especially in men: https://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/about-ford/elephant-in-the-transit
Work Life Balance
Leading family friendly policies including our industry leading maternity policy, which ensures that you will receive your basic monthly salary paid in full for 12 months subject to eligibility. In addition to providing funding towards NCT classes, our people also have access to an on-site childcare facility at Dunton Campus.
To provide our people with the work life balance that they need, we offer a hybrid working model for applicable positions, meaning a combination of working in the office and part working from home.
Access to a wide range of education, personal development and health and fitness activities which include on-site gyms at most Ford locations. We encourage our people to engage in the Employee Development and Assistance Programme (EDAP) which provides funding towards such activities.
We care about our local communities, and therefore we encourage our people to take 2 working days per year, on company time, to volunteer and make a difference. Many of our people do this with team members.
Our holidays are generous, at least 26 days each year plus bank holidays to re-charge your batteries
Car Privilege Scheme
You can take advantage of the of the Privilege Car Scheme which means you and members of your family can purchase vehicles at discounted rate
You will be eligible to join a competitive pension arrangement
Domestic Partner Benefits
Including pension and death benefit
We rely on, respect, and care for each other. We build networks and partners without boundaries. We welcome everyone's unique contributions, communicate candidly, and work together as ONE team - we are a family.
Our values are our guiding light, and the conscience for our work, and our people. At Ford, we naturally follow these values, and we hope that you do too. To learn more about our values, please visit:
Ford is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment or harassment on the grounds of gender, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief, gender reassignment and gender identity, age and those with caring responsibilities.