Procurement Officer - Fixed Term Contract until end of March 2023.
Based at Alderley Park, Medicines Discovery Catapult is a national facility connecting the UK community to accelerate innovative drug discovery.
We provide unique scientific capabilities and act as a gateway to UK resources and expertise, supporting UK SMEs to drive the development and industrialisation of new approaches for the discovery of new medicines.
By validating new ways of discovering medicines and driving key talent and expertise across the sector, we will support the UK life sciences industry, SMEs and innovators to deliver growth for the UK economy and maintain the UK’s heritage position as a global leader in medicines R&D.
Ultimately, new industrialised technologies are vital for delivering new medicines to patients, faster.
In March 2020 Medicines Discovery Catapult was tasked with the challenge of co-ordinating the creation of the UK’s Lighthouse Labs network and delivery of one of those labs, based at Alderley Park. The Lighthouse Labs are the biggest diagnostic lab project ever established in British history.
Purpose of role:
The jobholder will assist and report to the Procurement Manager to deliver procurements across Medicines Discovery Catapult (MDC). Assist Procurement Manager in the delivery of value for money and compliance to the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (PCR) for procurement services across the business:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the delivery of allocated procurement projects using appropriate processes (tendering / framework agreements) that comply with PCR and MDC policies and procedures. Identify risks and concerns and escalate any issues to the Procurement Manager when appropriate.
- Provide a high-quality service to internal stakeholders. Liaise with stakeholders to determine their product and service needs and the best route to market. Provide guidance to stakeholders on the MDC procurement procedures and provide procurement training in general.
- Contract manage allocated contracts / categories and support end users with supplier management. Assist the Procurement Manager in the review of spend data to identify opportunities for further improvements.
- Promote procurement policies and procedures internally, ensure colleagues are aware of the benefits of procurement, driving best practice and achieving efficiencies.
- Collaborate and with X/Catapults in the development of X/Catapult framework agreements for the benefit of all Catapults.
- Review allocated purchase orders ensuring the businesses complies to MDC procurement procedures.
- Any other duties dependent on the needs of the business, which may occasionally require the attendance of events off site.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in a procurement function.
- Solid working knowledge of the PCR and procurement requirements generally.
- Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations (CIPS) or NVQ Level 3 or 4 Procurement or willingness to study for such.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Worked with procurement systems and e-solutions.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to gain respect and trust from others.
- Ability to work with integrity.
- Ability to prioritise with strong organisation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and use own initiative.
- Commits to own professional development.