Buyer - Indirects - UK & Ireland
Meaningful Work From Day One
In this role, you will be managing and controlling Brown-Forman UK whole chain of indirect purchasing activities including Sales and Marketing materials in addition to all other related purchasing activity for Brown-Forman’s UK operation and will be an office based role.
You will establish an effective and trusted business partnering with Brown-Forman’s UK and European Supply Chain and GBS leadership, as well as a wide range of internal customers across all departments, taking ownership for all the procurement activities, including sourcing, control, execution, and supplier management for the UK.
"As a buyer, you will play a key role in Brown-Forman UKs success. You will have the opportunity to work directly with key teams across the business, including sales and marketing, leading projects that both drive cost savings and support our brands in the market." - Purchasing Manager
What You Can Expect:
- Procure goods and services as required by internal customers at the best cost, ensuring quality specifications, while delivering in a timely manner, leveraging internal tools (Coupa, Concur, SAP, Smartsheets etc.) and ensuring that we drive spend towards preferred suppliers;
- Identify, select and negotiate with new and existing providers and vendors that meet Brown-Forman specifications, according to the corporate sourcing strategy;
Identify fresh sourcing opportunities through regularly running spend reports and analyzing data;
- Tracks purchases and negotiates delivery times. Communicates status of purchases/deliveries to stakeholders as needed (i.e., MSR report);
- Delivers value in our procurement process for goods/services by focusing on innovation, service, quality, risk mitigation and overall costs;
- Adheres to standardized B-F Sourcing Policies and Procedures.
Control and Execution
- Coordinates and communicates with suppliers and carriers to ensure that specified delivery dates are met on purchase orders issued by the purchasing group;
- Review and resolves claims and complaints with suppliers regarding unsatisfactory materials and services;
Provides direction to site-level personnel responsible for tactical execution of packaging category strategies;
Ensures POs are issued properly and process them for designated packaging materials and related invoices (i.e., tooling).
Support the Purchasing Manager in implementing and championing procurement best practices
- Maintains an understanding of packaging supply base on a local, regional and global level;
- Builds effective, consistent, and equitable supplier relationships while maintaining a high standard of ethics. Meets regularly with suppliers to build rapport and serves as the primary point of contact for local suppliers;
Performs periodic supplier reviews for select suppliers to ensure performance standards are maintained.
- Works closely with colleagues across all departments including Sales, Marketing, and Finance to understand their needs and to ensure consistent availability of materials and services, at the right quality, quantity, and time;
- Partners with GBS PTP Category Managers and PTP Process Architect to execute the regional strategic sourcing decisions and to use the standard process and tools to delivery the work;
- Makes recommendations to optimize costs and/or improve services;
- Develops and encourages strong partnerships with corporate support functions (GBS, Corporate FP&A, Data Science, Revenue Management, Accounting, Global Packaging, Corporate Supply Chain, etc.).
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
- Demonstrable experience in Procurement or Purchasing;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to make clear and concise oral written communications especially in describing materials and completed packages;
- Demonstrated organization skills with attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently based on logical assumptions and factual information.
- Prior experience in wine and spirits or luxury FMCG industries is a bonus
- CIPS Qualified or studying towards is preferable
What’s It Like To Work Here:
Our vision is to transform B-F UK to be the industry leading organization by delivering top tier results, through building a diverse culture that inspires people, celebrates teamwork and rewards agility.
Just six months after launching its newly independent organisation in the United Kingdom, Brown-Forman UK was officially certified as a Great Place to Work and a Centre of Excellence in Wellbeing in 2020-2021. “Being certified as a Great Place to Work is a testament to the commitment, hard work and enthusiasm of everyone in our new organisation.”-Jeremy Shepherd, Brown-Forman, Vice President, General Manager, UK & Ireland.
We believe all employees can realize the true value of diversity and inclusion and create a stronger, more competitive organization where each employee has the opportunity to reach their desired potential. In the UK we have a Diversity Council consisting of our UK Leadership Team and also four employee resource groups for our employees: GROW (Growing Remarkable Outstanding Women), YP (Young Professionals) SEED (Supporting & Elevating Ethnically Diversity) and PRIDE (LGBTQI+).
Nothing Better In The Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure our sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay & bonus for individual and company performance. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
In Brown-Forman UK, some highlights of the competitive benefits we offer include, but not limited to, medical/dental insurance, flexible-working options, product allowance and gym membership; along with global career opportunities.