Supply Chain Manager: bids & programs
Global Defence Company - Supply Chain: Bids and Programmes Manager - £45-50K - South West England
Tackling some of the most complex security problems in the world with cutting edge technology, this defence organisation is looking for a Procurement Specialist in Bids and Programmes to join their rapidly expanding Procurement Function. They are looking for an individual who will bring extensive market knowledge, ingenuity and curiosity to the table to assist in the progression of the procurement team.
With offices across the globe including: Canada, Middle East and United States of America you will gain incredible exposure to new depths of global procurement and the ability to travel and explore gaining fresh knowledge from procurement colleagues internationally.
As a Bids & Programmes Procurement Specialist you will develop key strategies and negotiate favourable terms with suppliers, preparing process requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of technical equipment.
Key Responsibilities of a Bids & Programs Procurement Manager:
- Collaborate with the Procurement Team to assist in identifying key opportunities to utilize extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage group scale. You will need to identify where there is a necessity to produce repetitive, long-term contracting mechanisms.
- Be aware of the company policies and governance agreed in the procurement code of practice, understanding awareness of restrictions, controls and accreditations placed upon suppliers working in aerospace & defense, making sure there is no external threat to internal compliance.
Background of Bids & Programs Procurement Manager:
- Have experience within defense & Aerospace procurement, have a good level of knowledge on the market and the bidding processes
- Be well versed in the supply chain: Bidding & Programs category, maintaining relationships with key suppliers, and understanding the necessity of regulations
- Proven contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Degree - preferable (Not essential)
- MCIPS - Preferable (Not essential)
If you are looking for a career defining move then send your CV to Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Words: Procurement, Purchasing, Stakeholder management, strategic sourcing, Bids & Programs, Bids, Programmes, Programs, FTSE, London, Degree, CIPS, Progression, Development, Management, Teamwork, Technology, C-Suite, Professional Services, Category Ownership, Procurement, HR, Professional Services, Procurement, Blue-chip