Senior Operations Manager
Gelato has built the world's largest and most global network for on-demand production of customized items e.g. t-shirts, wall art, mugs, books, hoodies, and cards. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 32 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
Gelato is changing the way that customized products can be produced on-demand. We are already empowering thousands of e-commerce entrepreneurs to grow and scale their businesses. With local production, and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste and carbon emissions are reduced. Together we can increase global GDP by effectively supporting local on-demand production.
What you will be doing
With a global network of production, supply chain and distribution partners, operational excellence is at the core of how Gelato delivers value to its customers. You will have a chance to take on progressively challenging opportunities in the core of our elite operations network, designed to stretch your leadership and analytical capabilities. Throughout the recruiting process we will get to know you and where your skills and interests could best align with Gelato’s opportunities across five workstreams. Senior operations managers work in a variety of supply chain, production partner engagement/expansion, product expansion, logistics network engagement/expansion and supply chain strategy/execution roles across Gelato. Some examples of innovations being led by Senior Operations Managers include:
- Managing & Establishing Partners in Existing and new Geographies: Managing part of the network (production/distribution), being responsible for operational metrics and improvements across your partner base, along with identifying new partners to meet Gelato’s capacity targets.
- Product Expansion: Being responsible for a category (or multiple) within print (ex: apparel, books, home textiles) and sizing the opportunities for expansion, determining the product portfolio,building technical requirements for development for the products to be produced in Gelato’s software to rolling out the products to Gelato’s global partner base.
- Inbound Supply Chain: Leading global initiatives related to the standardization, sustainability, product availability and cost reduction of raw materials associated with Gelato’s print on demand products. Examples include packaging standardization to minimize waste and improve sustainability or setting up a global sourcing strategy to help our production partners for envelopes.
- Distribution Initiatives: Leading strategic initiatives to optimize the network of distribution partners and customer offerings. Examples include leading destruction/returns strategy for Gelato, packaging strategy to optimize logistics costs and working with tech to develop and roll out solutions.
- Supply Chain Management: Planning and execution of the global operations network, optimizing for costs, speed and environment, including driving the topology of the end to end network.
Who you are
You have a start-up mentality and a passion for drilling down to find the root cause of a problem. You are a customer-obsessed problem solver, eager to learn and improve. You are able to articulate complex concepts and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. No task is too small, but you can also see the bigger picture and help lead our operations support to evolve and scale. You lead by example and you love understanding data and identifying process improvements to benefit our partners and customers. In addition, we would like to see the following in your profile:
- 5+ years of operations and/or strategy work in a high growth startup or big tech environment
- Experience in retail, supply chain, logistics, or eCommerce; with a strong and demonstrable interest in driving operations strategy for a large and growing business
- Track record of success in building new operational processes and an ability to work through ambiguity
- Ability to “see around corners”, diagnosing and treating issues before they boil over
- Experience working as part of a high-performing interconnected operations team
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and fix problems in a hands-on manner when needed
- Proven capabilities in evaluating operational gaps/ weaknesses
- Experience with marketplace models preferred
- Strong analytical experience, and comfortable operating with large data sets to generate insight and actionable conclusions
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- MBA or Masters Degree in applicable field is preferred
- Please submit your resume and cover letter in English
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.