Senior Procurement Specialist
1 day left
- Full Time
A fantastic opportunity for a well-rounded procurement professional to further develop their career in an environment of continuous improvement. Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will join our Procurement and Contracts team. This position can be located on either our Palmerston North or Wellington campus.
As our Senior Procurement Specialist, you will provide procurement advice, mentoring and support to ensure that the University's approach to procurement encompasses a robust market analysis, and well thought out strategic sourcing and contract management plans. You will also support the Strategic Sourcing Manager to further plan, design and develop, innovative and best practice procurement.
This role requires a broad skill base of an experienced procurement professional with well-rounded procurement and commercial skill sets reflective of the full procurement life-cycle.
Key accountabilities include the following:
- Managing and supporting various procurement projects throughout the procure-to-pay lifecycle and successfully produce agreed outputs within the timescale required
- Serving as an organisational contact and advisor for key contract negotiations and contract management needs
- Ensuring Massey University obtains value for money for all externally purchased goods and services in line with procurement policies and procedures
- Contributing to the development of expertise and best practices within the procurement and contract management capability
- Providing collaborative relationship management with external providers and internal stakeholders
- Taking an active part in the continuous review, development and improvement of systems, processes and services in support of a comprehensive and coordinated approach to procurement
What you will bring:
- Experience managing large-scale procurement activities within the industries of Construction and/or Information Technology is strongly desired
- Experience of working on and leading collaborative procurement projects within a complex, multi-stakeholder operating environment
- Proven strengths in stakeholder management and a high degree of commercial acumen to drive better outcomes for both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven knowledge and experience in procurement practices with a minimum of four years in managing large tenders/contracts ($10M+)
- Experience in providing contract management services including monitoring performance, contract improvement, leading negotiations and delivering value add solutions
- Strong grasp of risk, legal and financial aspects of procurement and contracts
- Experience in embedding sustainability and Te Tiriti considerations into sourcing and supply chain strategies is desirable
We are looking for someone who prides themselves as being an effective, audience appropriate communicator, with the ability to provide information and messages in a way that produces clarity and impact.
Massey University is a world-leading university in many academic disciplines and fields of research. Our point of difference is that our research is connected to community and industry. Working together across disciplines and locations, we solve national and global problems through fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research, while culturally and artistically enriching our world. We are constantly challenging the way we work and learn through the calculated adoption of emerging technologies to allow us to best support our staff and students across range of complex environments and multiple locations.
In addition to a salary, Massey also offers a flexible, enabling and inclusive environment, with a superior superannuation employer contribution (up to 6.75% of salary), subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family, additional University holidays, study fee concessions, and a commitment to being te Tiriti o Waitangi-led.
If you are a self-motivated procurement professional with a strong customer service focus and the ability to demonstrate initiative, this role is for you.
To arrange a confidential conversation about this position please feel free to contact Julie Pedley, Strategic Souring Manager, 06 951 7377 or email@example.com
Applications close 11.30 pm Tuesday, 21 September 2021.
Note, all applications must please be completed and submitted online rather than via email to the Strategic Sourcing Manager.
Closing date: 21 September 2021
Reference number: US_P_1118_08/21
To apply, please click 'apply'