Rapidrop Global Limited (the company) is a UK based Company comprising of two divisions – Rapidrop and IFI. Based in Peterborough for over 20 years our Company specialises in the manufacture and supply of fire suppression products to the fire detection and suppression industries (Rapidrop), and the building products division specialising in products supplied primarily to the UK window and door sectors (IFI). Products are supplied across the UK and internationally from our base in Peterborough and network of warehouse partners across Europe.
Rapidrop Global Limited are now looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager. You will be the relationship owner for all key product suppliers in the UK, EU, USA and Asia. Managing a team of two planners (UK based), you will provide support, guidance and advice on purchase strategies, working closely with the Board of Directors, the product movement team and Sales manager.
Hours of work
Predominantly Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. Normal office hours operate from 8:30am – 5:30pm however, some degree of flexibility is required.
Two weeks spent in Asia (4 times per year)
Possibility for future travel via Dubai at least twice per year.
Canada / USA every 2 years.
Ad hoc / short notice travel to Europe
Key Responsibilities (this list is not exhaustive)
- To conduct all commercial negotiations, including rebates, annual purchase volumes etc. for the Rapidrop Group including Middle Eastern operations.
- To establish documented service level agreements, including packaging, labelling specifications and establishing metrics to measure performance against agreed SLA.
- Review Incoterms
- To ensure co-ordination of all PO raised, purchasing in the most economic pattern for both us, the supplier and inbound logistics team.
- Manage the two UK based planners (schedule for both external suppliers and in house manufacturing)
- Management of supplier relationships and development of partnerships to ensure efficient use of resources and effective material and component supply practices.
- Liaise with Sales Director to ensure the Sales Managers provide market data in line with future projects, trends, budgets.
- Analyse and mitigate supply chain risk, establish second tier supply routes where practically possible
- New product introduction – working closely with all stakeholders (suppliers , manufacturers, logistics team, engineering, sales & marketing) to source and bring new products / suppliers to the company.
- Plan a visit structure for overseas key suppliers to audit points as above and review supplier ethics policy. (E.g. Asia four times a year – with top spend suppliers visited twice each year)
- Purchasing experience gained within a Senior Management position.
- Strong negotiation skills to make key decisions whilst building lasting relationships with suppliers worldwide.
- Experience of managing a team
- CIPS or IOSCM Qualified
- Experience of buying for resale in a similar role (Non-Manufacturing)
- Availability to travel at short notice
- Very strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills and the confidence to deal face to face with a range of people.
- High Excel skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Plenty of enthusiasm and confidence.
- The ability to be able to work under pressure whilst remaining professional at all times.
- Language Skills
- Assembly Planning experience
- Experience gained working within the construction industry.
- Company Pension Plan
- Personal Medical Insurance
- Death In Service
- Shopping Rewards
- 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays
- Christmas Shutdown – annual leave to be reserved
- Refer a friend scheme
- Company Suggestion Scheme
- Long Service awards
- Good city location with free parking on site
This is competitive and DOE.
All applicants will be asked to clearly state their salary requirements.
Apply for Purchasing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly