Procurement and Value Officer
Procurement and Value Officer
£31,845 - £35,253 per annum
Permanent, Full Time
Closing Date: 6th October 2021
Interview Date: 8th October 2021
If you are seeking the next challenge and step in your procurement career, you’ve come to the right place. We are NCHA, Nottingham Community Housing Association, one of the largest locally based housing organisations in the East Midlands. We are committed to providing homes and support by people who care. A high quality procurement service is integral to delivering that mission.
The procurement service provides support to colleagues across the organisation so that together we can manage procurements and contracts that are efficient, effective and deliver value for money. With a strong governance structure, effective Procurement Panel and strong reputation - now is a great time to join this service.
We are excited to be recruiting a Procurement and Value Officer to support NCHA in achieving value for money, social value and compliance through its procurement processes.
You will work with colleagues across the organisation to support them in managing their procurements and contracts. This will involve responding efficiently to varying demands on your time and liaising closely with the Procurement and Value Manager. You will be expected to understand the Public Contract Regulations (2015) and be able to provide advice and support so that procurements and contracts are legally compliant and deliver the required outcomes. It will be part of your role to manage NCHA’s e-procurement system, to support colleagues using the system and to identify improvements. The NCHA Contract Register is relatively new and is still being updated, your role will be to support the Procurement and Value Manager to ensure that the register is updated and properly reflective of NCHA spend.
Please view the role profile attached to find out more!
We are looking for an individual with public sector procurement experience and you will ideally be working towards CIPS accreditation or willing to start the learning.
Knowledge of relevant regulations such as Public Contract Regulations 2015 is essential and you will have strong IT skills including MS programmes and procurement systems or similar.
You will be flexible, experienced at managing competing demands on your time and have strong communication skills. You should be willing to learn and to grow within the service - this new post is ideal for someone wanting to make their mark on this fantastic organisation.
Benefits of joining us:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service (pro rata)
- Automatic pay increments every April following successful completion of probationary period.
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. dentists, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by NCHA and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups and disabled candidates. We particularly welcome applications from women, as they are currently under represented in managerial positions.
As part of our LGBT + Allies Programme, we also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
THE SMALL PRINT:
- All correspondence will be via your registered email address.
- View the full job role profile in the document tab at the top of the page and refer to the Person Specification section of the role profile to complete your application – show us why you are suitable!
- For more information about NCHA, please refer to the attached ‘Helping Our Customers’ and ‘Property Picture’– get a better idea of what we do across the organisation!
- Take a look at how NCHA is managing the risk of COVID-19 here
All successful candidates will be required to take a work-related test prior to interview.