Software Buyer - £35-45k + 20% Bonus - Nationwide Locations
Software Buyer - Leading UK Retailer - £35-45k + 20% Bonus + Package
One of the UK's largest household names, who have a multi-award winning, first-class procurement function, now have an exciting opportunity for a procurement professional with experience in procurement, sourcing or purchasing to join the team and engage in the £Multi-Million spend IT portfolio and lead purchasing across software projects. You will be driving integral saving initiatives and managing a huge range of suppliers including VMware, Cloud and Oracle. This client have been going through an exciting transformation, and it will be your job to address strategies in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
This permanent role can be based in one of the many UK offices, on a flexible working basis. You will be reporting to the Head of IT Procurement and face the opportunity to work with numerous senior stakeholders in the business. The salary on offer ranges between £35-45,000, alongside a fantastic package, including a bonus of up to 20%!
If you are a driven individual, passionate about the evolving world of technology and experienced in procurement, then I would love to hear from you!
The Software Buyer will be responsible for:
- Managing the full portfolio sourcing process, supplier negotiations and paperwork, strategic account relationships, performance evaluations and continuous improvement initiatives
- Drive large savings initiatives in close cooperation with stakeholders (internal use, managed services and resell)
- Evaluate make-vs-buy decision, conduct RFP and negotiate renewals taking benefit from end of quarter or fiscal year
- Liaising with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
Required Background for the Software Buyer:
- A strong track record of procurement and contract management experience, with a competence and a proven ability to manage supplier relationships, influence stakeholders and manage commercial contracts
- Product knowledge of software including licencing metrics, storage and maintenance is beneficial
- Exposure to platforms such as Cloud, VMware, Microsoft, Oracle etc.
- A strong education record, with CIPS being desirable but not essential
If you are interested in applying to this exciting position, please send your CV to Molly at jobsMN@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key skills: Procurement, Indirect, IT procurement, software, hardware, services, Strategic Sourcing, Stakeholder Management, Procurement strategies, buying, category buyer, buyer, procurement buyer, procurement team, indirects buyer, Information technology, IT contracts, procurement contracts, Manchester, Birmingham, Coventry, West Midlands, Hertfordshire, London