Title: Procurement Specialist
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location: Stratford (London) or Sidcup (Stratford) & Homeworking
Persona: Agile , Office based 20-40%
Salary: £47,764 - £ 54,929 depending on experience, plus £1,300pa Essential Car User Allowance*
Closing date for completed applications: 6th October 2021
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the advertisement and interview earlier than stated
Due to COVID19, colleagues in eligible roles are currently working from home in line with government guidelines
L&Q is one of the UK’s largest Housing Associations, committed to our social purpose of providing homes and neighbourhoods that everyone can be proud of. We are embarking on an exciting period in our 58-year history and have identified a portfolio of programmes under the banner of ‘Change the Business’ that will support our ambition to improve our current offer by changing how we operate.
We will transform the day-to-day working lives of colleagues across our business by improving both the processes and the systems they use – fostering a culture of collaboration and support to achieve the very best outcomes for our people and our customers. This will enable a shift in how our customers interact with us by making engagement with, and access to, our services and our people far easier.
We are looking for a highly effective and collaborative people to be part of our team and have a number of exciting opportunities available.
To support our portfolio of programmes we are recruiting several procurement specialists to cover a range of categories including: technology, professional services and maintenance. The ideal candidates will have strong category knowledge, be MCIPS qualified or working towards this qualification and will have demonstrable category management experience of large value contracts in the public sector. A successful track record of planning and managing category procurement activity and delivering outstanding value, together with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are all essential for this role.
Key Duties will include:
· Providing advice on and self-sufficiently contributing to the development of contractual arrangements and competitive procedures, including researching, developing and agreeing suitable routes to market, and ensuring alignment with UK Public Contract Regulations within all categories and sub-categories.
· Demonstrable experience in procuring programmes and projects in a large business setting with experience of project management processes.
· Experience of working across multiple disciplines and in the category space is essential.
· Analysing Data on the procurement system and working with suppliers and the Category business function to explore and investigate opportunities where greater value can be generated, costs can be reduced, quality improved and processes simplified.
· Taking an active role in leading development of innovative procurement strategies against defined category areas.
· Implementing the procurement strategy and ensuring this meets business objectives.
· Liaising with category stakeholders including customers, contractors, consultants, and suppliers.
· Identifying significant opportunities to improve overall value generation including demonstration of value for money, cost optimisation against budget or cost avoidance and reduction in operational and commercial risks.
· Negotiating with and influencing suppliers to achieve improved service and quality.
· Ensuring that contracts within your area of responsibility deliver full life value for money.
· Conducting supplier due diligence and reviewing new supplier requests.
If you think you have the drive, determination and experience required to fulfil this role then we would like to hear from you.
*ECU Allowance is paid in accordance with requirements of the relevant policy as updated from time to time.
COVID 19: The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Secure requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.
At the foundation of everything that we do are our corporate values and associated behaviours. Our organisational behavioural framework outlines the core expectations of all employees, which should be demonstrated at all times when representing L&Q. More information about L&Q’s values can be found on our website and a copy of our behavioural framework can be provided on request.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.
L&Q is a regulated charitable housing association and one of the UK’s most successful independent social businesses. The L&Q Group houses around 250,000 people in more than 97,000 homes, primarily across London and the South East.
As a charitable organisation, our role goes beyond providing homes and housing services. We are a long-term partner in the neighbourhoods where we work. We hope to build aspiration, opportunity and confidence in our communities through our £250 million L&Q Foundation and our skills academy.
In response to the housing and affordability crisis, we will build 100,000 new homes over ten years. Of these, 60,000 homes will be built or funded by L&Q, whilst a further 40,000 will come through partnerships. Crucially, at least 50% of these new homes will be genuinely affordable, with a target of 60% in London.
Our vision is that everyone has a quality home they can afford, and we combine our social purpose with commercial drive to create homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.