Procurement Category Assistant
Up-and-coming Procurement Buyer - Research & Development Organisation affiliated with Bristol University - £25-30k + Package - Bristol / remote working
This industry leading research and development organisation, specialising in state of the art sustainable engineering components is seeking an up-and-coming procurement candidate to join their well established procurement function.
As a Procurement Category Assistant you will be working hand in hand with the procurement category lead on a range of projects across different procurement categories within the business. You will be liaising with the procurement lead to establish RFQs and tenders with a budget of circa £25-190k.
This is an incredible opportunity for an un-and-coming procurement professional who is seeking to launch their career in an exciting team which offer both autonomy and career development.
As a Procurement Category Assistant, you will:
- Work with the category lead in managing tenders across both the indirect and direct procurement spend
- Liaise with key suppliers to establish tenders and bids that align with regulations of the Public Sector
- Carry out market research and analysis to best identify market trends and cost effective purchasing
- Build and maintain working relationships with key suppliers of the business
- Liaise with stakeholders within the business to keep them up to date on all procurement processes
- Experience with procurement either within indirect or direct spend with previous exposure to tendering
- Demonstrable understanding of procurement process
- Strong analytical ability with a good understanding of excel and Microsoft
- Strong communication skills for interaction with stakeholders and suppliers
If this sounds like an interesting role for you, please send to your CV to Sophie at email@example.com
Key Skills: Procurement, Direct, Indirect, Junior, Graduate, Procurement, Supply Chain, Analyst, Public Sector, Bristol, remote working, flexible, procurement