Procurement Category Manager - Food & Beverage
Procurement Category Manager, Food - Global FTSE100 Food Service Business - London, Surrey & Flex Working - £50-55k + package
This global food service business, employing over 500,000 staff across the globe and boasting nearly £20 billion in annual revenue across 2020, is looking to hire a number of cutting edge and ambitious procurement managers into their leading procurement function who can be nurtured into the leadership of future years.
This procurement division, with over 500 members is devoted to helping both their business members and suppliers with the highest level of innovation and procurement solutions. This team is truly more than just a group purchasing function, with values focussed around 'flexibility', 'optimism' and 'resourcefulness', it's clear that any procurement professional entering this business will learn how to not just deliver savings, but create real value for their customers, making it the ideal place to learn and grow your trade within procurement.
Procurement Manager position overview:
- Overall accountability for the management of a key category within the food and beverage division of circa £90-100M spend reporting to a category lead
- Play a key role in the development of partnerships with suppliers, optimising these relationships to drive growth and deliver strong retail ranges to customers
- Work closely with the category lead and head of division to deliver strategies for the growth of new products and identify opportunities for category development
- Take advantage of this firms growth prospects, learning opportunities and support from senior staff to take the next step into a category leadership role
Procurement experience required:
- A number of years within a procurement management position, with proven experience of managing a complex category of £40M plus
- Experience of working within food or ingredients related categories, for example: fresh produce, meat and poultry would be ideal
- Able to deliver robust category strategies whilst deliver to savings targets for suppliers
- Degree level education or equivalent is a must, MCIPS / CIPS is preferred however not essential
If you're looking to move into a leading procurement function within one of the most iconic firms in the food and beverage industries, please apply with a copy of your cv to email@example.com
Keywords: procurement, purchasing, direct procurement, strategic procurement, procurement category, category management, buying, senior buyer, food, ingredients, beverage, drinks, FTSE100, supplier management, London, UK, Surrey, flexible working, degree, cips, MCIPS