The role is within Construction Category which is a high profile team within CCS Buildings Pillar with the purpose to support “Build Back Better”. There has never been a better time to join the construction team as you will have a key role to develop a sustainable Construction Industry to deliver Government policy including Net Carbon Zero targets.
The Construction Group includes the following categories:
“Construction Works”- You will be part of the largest public sector construction commercial agreement supporting major infrastructure projects across the country. You will drive collaboration to deliver construction projects in accordance with the Governments Construction Playbook
“Modular Building Solutions” You will lead the evolution of the latest Government initiative to drive Modern Methods of Construction. This unique opportunity will allow you to influence how Off Site Manufacturing is integrated into project delivery.
“Construction Professional Services”. You will be a key player in the launch of our newest commercial agreement which is the largest public sector professional services commercial agreement. You will drive effective Customer and Supplier relationships to improve the overall project design and deliver in line with the Construction Playbook.
“Building Materials and Plant Hire”. You will be a key player in the ground-breaking reforms across the construction sector. Leading standardisation of public sector building materials, together with introducing accountability and traceability of materials as part of building safety act recommendations. Introduction of materials requirement planning (MRP) / enterprise resource planning (ERP) to deliver value for money within material management across engineering sectors.
The Category Manager is responsible for ensuring the effective management of Commercial Agreements over their lifecycle, including customer and supplier relationship management. Key accountabilities include:
- Client Relationship Management to include the Customer at the heart of what we do.
- Supplier Relationship & Performance Management to enhance the Customer experience
- Implement and support initiatives to retain and grow spend across the construction categories
- Line management responsibility of a small team
- Site visits to customer and supplier premises across the United Kingdom
- Category management including management information, spend analysis to identify trends and spending behaviours while providing recommendation and implementing solutions to the benefit of CCS.
- An understanding of Framework Agreements and call off provisions
- Implementing and managing digital ecommerce systems
- Communicating effectively, at different levels, with varying styles to match the relative audience
Essential Criteria (to be assessed on application):
- Strong commercial acumen with ability to analyse data and make informed commercial decisions
- Experience of category management, developing and maintaining robust category strategies
- Track record of supporting a positive health, safety and environment culture across the supply chain
- The ability to work proactively and collaboratively, in partnership with key stakeholders, both internal and external to drive innovation and value for money solutions.
- Experience of working in a transformation programme including challenging the way of work to improve performance
Success Profiles – Behaviours (to be assessed at interview):
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing