Category Development Manager, Convenience & Retail
4 days left
- Full Time
Category Manager, Convenience & Franchising Partners - Global FTSE100 Food Service Business - London, Surrey & Flex Working - £50-60k + package
This global food service business, employing over 500,000 staff across the globe and boasting nearly £20 billion in annual revenue across 2020, is looking to hire a number of cutting edge and ambitious category managers into their leading procurement organisation.
This procurement division, with over 500 members is devoted to helping both their business members and suppliers with the highest level of innovation and procurement solutions. This team is truly more than just a group purchasing function, with values focussed around 'flexibility', 'optimism' and 'resourcefulness', it's clear that any procurement professional entering this business will learn how to not just deliver savings, but create real value for their customers, making it the ideal place to learn and grow your trade within procurement.
This role will sit within their retail division, reporting directly to the head of retail, where you lead the account of one of this firms largest franchise partners, making it ideal for someone moving from a franchising operations role, looking to join one of the largest and most exciting firms in the market.
Procurement Category Manager position overview:
- Overall accountability for the management of a key category within the retail division of circa £90-100M spend reporting to a category lead
- Play a key role in the development of partnerships with suppliers, optimising these relationships to drive growth and deliver strong retail ranges to customers
- Work closely with the category lead and head of division to deliver strategies for the growth of new products and identify opportunities for category development
- Take advantage of this firms growth prospects, learning opportunities and support from senior staff to take the next step into a category leadership role
Procurement experience required:
- Experience of working within a franchise partnership or operations role within the retail industry
- Ideally have knowledge of procurement processes and experience of managing multi-million £ categories
- Experience of working within food or ingredients related categories, for example: fresh produce, meat and poultry would be ideal
- Able to deliver robust category strategies whilst deliver to savings targets for suppliers
- Degree level education or equivalent is a must, MCIPS / CIPS is preferred however not essential
If you're looking to move into a leading procurement function within one of the most iconic firms in the food and beverage industries, please apply with a copy of your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: procurement, purchasing, direct procurement, strategic procurement, procurement category, category management, buying, senior buyer, food, ingredients, beverage, drinks, FTSE100, supplier management, London, UK, Surrey, flexible working, degree, cips, MCIPS
Apply for Category Development Manager, Convenience & Retail
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly