Social Value Procurement Technician
Value Match are supporting a Local Government customer to appoint a Social Value Procurement Technician on a 6 month fixed term contract with a salary of up to £48,001. This role will be a hybrid role of home working with requirement to be in the Chelmsford office occasionally throughout the contract.
The role of the Social Value team is to work with Procurement staff, stakeholders and suppliers to ensure they understand social value, how to approach it in ECC tenders and how to maximise potential for the benefit of Essex residents. Advocacy and ambassadorship are important aspects of the team’s roles as well as subject matter expertise, procedural advice and effective decision-making support.
The candidate will lead research, options development and options appraisal for workstreams under the social value programme. Effective collaboration within multidisciplinary teams will be needed along with supporting the development of colleagues both within procurement and across the Authority.
Please apply if you have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level with a relevant professional qualification such as MCIPS or equivalent demonstrable work experience with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Knowledge of category management or its sales equivalents and experience of using this methodology in complex commercial environments to deliver significant cost or service improvements.
- Knowledge of social value and experience of implementing social value in tenders (in a procurement or sales context) in complex commercial environments to deliver significant cost or service improvements
- Evidence of some experience of managing change projects at an organisation-wide level.
- Evidence of some experience of delivering continuous improvements in strategic arrangements with evidence of generating significant cost and service benefits.
- Evidence of some knowledge of contract law and legislation relevant to social value and its impact on market management, finance and contractual arrangements.
- Extensive knowledge of public sector procurement law with an ability to explain the law to non-procurement staff and find pragmatic solutions to potential complex legal scenarios.
Apply for Social Value Procurement Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly