PROCUREMENT EXECUTIVE - HOMEBASED
LocatED is a government-owned property company, responsible for buying and developing sites for new schools in England. It is one of the largest purchasers of land in the UK and has a multidisciplinary team with specialist skills and extensive property sector experience, supported by a distinguished board.
Procurement executive - HOMEBASED
LocatED, an Arms-Length Body to the Department for Education, which is responsible for buying and developing sites in England to help deliver much needed new school places for thousands of children is looking to recruit a Procurement Executive.
This role will be homebased in the North East or North West of England with occasional travel to London.
The successful applicant will lead all procurement activities on behalf of LocatED ensuring that the service is compliant and professional whilst providing value for money, high customer satisfaction and positioning LocatED is an organisation to do business with.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the procurement strategy
- Developing, managing and coordinating procurement processes ensuring compliance with LocatED’s strategy and OJEU procurement requirements
- Identifying, negotiating and implementing contract and framework agreements
- Maintaining accurate auditable records of all procurement processes
- Engaging and planning with stakeholders to understand contract specifications
- Engaging with suppliers to develop a profile of delivery capability which results in effective market engagement
- Inputting into collaborative procurements being undertaken by The Crown Commercial Service, Education Skills Funding Agency and other government departments
- Building supplier and market understanding through performance management, research and stakeholders’ briefings
- Preparing timely and accurate management information covering aspects of stakeholders’ engagement in the procurement process lifecycle
- Managing the purchase of equipment for the organisation, contact suppliers, and research offers and quotations
- Preparing calls for tender and follow-up procedure and in the management of any type of contracts (service, works, and supplies)
- Supporting contract management and negotiation where required
- Understanding technology and managing online systems such as e-tendering
- Instilling a culture of continuous improvement that reduces unnecessary waste and costs
- Liaising with Cabinet Office, HM Treasury and DfE to provide accurate timely information regarding LocatED’s procurement activity and obtaining the necessary approvals from these bodies
- Monitoring central government procurement policies, business trends and regulations to determine the optimum LocatED policy
- Being the visible accessible lead for procurement activity within the business providing accurate timely reporting and assurance to the Executive Team and Board
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS)
- Knowledge of commercial and professional services category
- Knowledge of EU and UK procurement regulations governing transaction by government bodies
- Knowledge of the property, construction and engineering services category
- Services procurement experience
- Experience of effectively managing supplier performance under framework agreement arrangements
- A track record of managing the delivery of excellent supplier performance
- Government or other public sector experience
- Strong IT capabilities in Microsoft packages
In return we offer:
- A basic salary of up to £72,000 depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service up to 28 days plus statutory holidays
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%
- Opportunity to earn up to 20% of salary in an annual performance related pay scheme
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities
- Various discounts with popular retailers
Equality, diversity and inclusion is fundamental to the continuing success at LocatED. We actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and all sections of the community, regardless of race, religious beliefs, political opinions, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/parental status, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability. We also support applications from those returning from a career break or from other roles.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills, experience and qualifications match this role to careers@LocatED.co.uk.
The closing date for applications is 29 October 2021.
Apply for PROCUREMENT EXECUTIVE - HOMEBASED
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly