Procurement Manager - Remotely Based
How are your skills going with keeping a lot of plates spinning? Or having absolutely everything thrown at you and catching it? (OK, catching most of it then.)
More seriously, the honest unvarnished truth to what is a great opportunity to join us is that for all of our 45+ years of history in manufacturing, producing well known brands that are in high demand from our customers, and turnover now approaching c.50M, we have never had a dedicated person in this role. It has always been "part of" someone else's duties.
Again, being frank, that's not good enough any more in a business that is arguably leaner, fitter, more efficient (insert other apt adjectives as you see fit!) and busier than ever with new work than we've ever been. Hence our Finance Director needs more support with this additional post.
Who are we? A leading and long established brand name in our UK markets supplying the construction sector, with a reputation for quality, service, and innovation. We have the advantage of the backing of a leading European Group but with the autonomy here in the UK to pursue our business goals.
- All aspects of the procurement process, performing strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, to increase our portfolio of suppliers and strengthen our existing supply chain.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness, whilst crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and order accordingly
- Make forecasted stock positions visible to all stakeholders.
In return? To put it simply, just show us what you have achieved thus far in your Purchasing career that will equip you to succeed in the challenges that our new role will throw your way. Knowledge in sourcing raw materials globally would be a definite plus.
Finally - location. Most of our support functions have been working fully remotely for the past year, and thriving on it. Our manufacturing bases are located across the country, and it might help if you are in striking distance of either, but we are keeping an open mind. Let us know how you see it working!