Ellis Wines are an independent, family run, specialist wine merchant based near Twickenham, Middx. representing award winning producers from around the world. We supply to a diverse customer base in the hospitality sector in London and across the country.
We are currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant to join our Wine Buying Department.
Working alongside our Purchasing Manager, this full time role will include:
- Assisting in stock management, including order placing and receipting.
- Monitoring sales versus stock holdings.
- Reviewing purchase orders, order status and liaising with freight agents.
- Ensure BRC and ISO requirements are met and records are updated.
- Liaising with the warehouse when orders are received.
- Managing Fine Wine and Bin End lists.
- Ad hoc projects.
We are looking for someone who is seeking a role within the drinks industry or wishes to make a move within it. Above all we are after someone who is prepared to learn and progress as a member of a busy and diverse Buying team.
You will need to be able to provide evidence and demonstrate:
- A desire to learn all aspects of purchasing & supply chain fulfilment.
- An enthusiasm to develop wine knowledge.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills, along with strong credentials in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Team player
The role also offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to progress their development through WSET and CIPS courses.
Please email your CV and covering letter, outlining why you are right for this role, by 5pm on Friday 19th November 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org