Strategic Logistics Buyer - Iconic FMCG Brand
Group Strategic Buyer, Logistics - European Remit - Global and Iconic FMCG brand - West London + Flex working - £40-55k + bonus
This global FMCG brand, renowned and trusted across multiple industries including; food, petcare and convenience, is looking to bring onboard a strategically minded buyer into their group function, to deliver logistics buying operations and sourcing activities across Europe.
This category, covering transport, freight and warehousing is vital for the success of this business, along with the current challenges and deficiencies facing the UK with supply chain, makes this one of the most strategic positions withinin this function. Culturally this organisation prides itself on it's collaboration, inclusion and forward thinking environment, making it an ideal breeding ground for up-and-coming procurement professionals and a leader in internal development and progression.
Strategic procurement buyer role overview:
- Management of local buying operations and sourcing activities covering logistics related categories, including warehousing, transport and freight of circa £50-60M in spend
- Work closely with senior procurement members and sourcing managers in the execution and development of strategic sourcing activities in the region, covering the UK and Europe
- Through the use of strong analytical skills and analysis, you will be responsible for delivering value to the groups supply chain optimisation opportunities
- Take advantage of working with procurement leaders, the fast-rates of progression opportunities and training to progress your career exponentially
Procurement experience required:
- Strategic buying experience, specifically with proven experience of buying within logistics related categories, including warehousing and transport
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, with strong communication to manage in excess of 50+ suppliers at any given time
- Strong analytical experience and highly proficient with excel
- Degree level education or equivalent, CIPS qualifications are preferred however not essential
If you are interested in stepping into one of the most iconic FMCG brands globally, please apply via this domain or with a copy of your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: procurement, purchasing, strategic procurement, logistics procurement, buying, strategic sourcing, SRM, supplier management, warehousing, freight, transport, logistics, FMCG, manufacturing, London, degree, CIPS