Procurement - Category Manager - Construction
Construction Category Manager - Leading Tech Defense Company - Surrey/Hampshire boarder - £45-55k
A fantastic opportunity has been made available for a talented Procurement Category Manager with a background in Construction, to join a world-renowned defence company in one of their UK-wide offices.
As a Construction Category Manager you will have experience across a broad range of commercial construction projects covering the strategic sourcing for raw materials through to maintenance whilst implementing new strategies for business development and ways of distributing cost. This role offers complete autonomy and comes with a great deal of responsibility, as the Category Manager will not be procuring on a project basis but, rather, for the business as a whole.
Procurement Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing a large spend across all envelope services and their sub-categories
- Develop new strategies for business development and reporting to senior members as to how the company may take advantage of them.
- Negotiate, and create relationships with, internal & external suppliers whilst developing a strong network for each particular market.
- Manage stakeholder relationships - ensuring a positive working relationship is in place.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Strong experience in procuring construction envelope services
- Proven track record of managing a large spend and delivering savings
- History of negotiating with the ability to influence decisions in your favour
- Good communication skills with past experience managing supplier and stakeholder relationships
- Friendly, driven person looking to maintain high standards and set an example for self as well as others
- Driving license
- IT literate, ability to use computer systems
- CIPS (desirable)
- Degree level 2.1 or equivalent (desirable)
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you then please send your CV to Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Skills: Procurement, Construction, Category Manager, Farnborough, Procurement, ,Supply Chain, FTSE, Defence
, JCT, Buyer, Strategic buyer, Construction, Procurement