Senior Category Manager, Meat & Poultry - Global FTSE100
Procurement Category Manager, Meat & Poultry - Global FTSE100 Food Service Business - London, Surrey & Flex Working - £55-65k + package
This global food service business, employing over 500,000 staff across the globe and boasting nearly £20 billion in annual revenue across 2020, is looking to hire a cutting edge and ambitious category manager to join their leading procurement organisation.
This procurement division, with over 500 members is devoted to helping both their business members and suppliers with the highest level of innovation and procurement solutions. This team is truly more than just a group purchasing function, with values focussed around 'flexibility', 'optimism' and 'resourcefulness', it's clear that any procurement professional entering this business will learn how to not just deliver savings, but create real value for their customers, making it the ideal place to learn and grow your trade within procurement.
This role will sit within their food division, reporting directly to the head of food, where you lead the key category of meat and poultry for the business, making it ideal for someone looking to join a highly strategic role.
Procurement Category Manager position overview:
- Overall accountability for the management of this category within the food division of circa £90-100M spend reporting to a category lead
- Play a key role in the development of partnerships with suppliers, optimising these relationships to drive growth and deliver strong retail ranges to customers
- Work closely with the category lead and head of division to deliver strategies for the growth of new products and identify opportunities for category development
- Take advantage of this firms growth prospects, learning opportunities and support from senior staff to take the next step into a category leadership role
Procurement experience required:
- Experience of working within a food / retail environment with experience of buying produce, specifically meat and poultry products
- Ideally have knowledge of procurement processes and experience of managing multi-million £ categories
- Able to deliver robust category strategies whilst deliver to savings targets for suppliers
- Degree level education or equivalent is a must, MCIPS / CIPS is preferred however not essential
If you're looking to move into a leading procurement function within one of the most iconic firms in the food and beverage industries, please apply with a copy of your cv to email@example.com
Keywords: procurement, purchasing, direct procurement, strategic procurement, procurement category, category management, buying, senior buyer, food, ingredients, beverage, drinks, FTSE100, supplier management, London, UK, Surrey, flexible working, degree, cips, MCIPS