Head of Project Procurement
Doosan Babcock is a market-leading provider of products and services to the energy, industrial and petrochemical sectors. Our success is built on the quality of our people, our reputation for technological expertise and best-in-class execution, and the collaborative relationships we establish with our customers. We believe that this approach delivers value for our clients and creates exciting opportunities for our people.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Project Procurement at our Renfrew location to provide commercial leadership and governance for the Supply Chain Management (SCM) function. The role will be responsible for leading a sub-function of the SCM team in the execution of procurement activities on complex projects, including utilising central strategic sourcing contracts wherever possible.
- Develop, deliver and maintain the project procurement strategy for projects and proposals to meet overall business needs and objectives
- Manage the procurement process to achieve project timescales, delivering sustainable savings and value through commercial insight, supply market expertise and contracting excellence.
- Responsible for the Long Range and Short-term resource planning and deployment of Project Procurement resources
- Support the Director of SCM in the definition and implementation of the Procurement Strategy and influence stakeholders to secure cross-business support
- Represent Doosan Babcock in negotiations and conclusion of key contracts with suppliers, guiding the buyers where required
- Liaise with business sectors to develop plans for future Project Procurement strategies to support successful and efficient project delivery
- Support Doosan Babcock’s supplier qualification process as subject matter expert for ethical and sustainable sourcing
We are looking for a senior supply chain leader with strong experience in a similar role within the Energy and/or Defence sector. Applicants should ideally hold a relevant professional membership, such as MCIPS, and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience operating in a senior supply chain leader position. In addition, experience of using an eSourcing system for supplier engagement activities ranging from supplier qualification through to RFQ, quotation receipt and bid analysis would be beneficial.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge in your career, apply now.