Procurement Manager - Ingredients
Our client, one of Britain's biggest food companies with leading brands in around 94% of UK households, as well as across multiple international markets has an urgent requirement for a Procurement Manager – Ingredients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our client’s Ingredients procurement category for a highly strategic individual with an understanding of strategic sourcing and the skills to manage commodities with volatile pricing and availability.
The role of Procurement Manager – Ingredients is a dynamic, varied role with a high level of responsibility, autonomy and accountability. You will play a key role supporting the continuation of the company’s new production innovation agenda and directly contribute towards the company’s sustainability targets.
As Procurement Manager – Ingredients, you will be accountable and responsible for:
- Developing & implementing sustainable sourcing strategies that support business objectives
- Developing a deep understanding of markets & supply chains
- Identifying and recommending hedging policies
- Identifying, negotiating and implementing collaborative relationships with key suppliers where appropriate.
- Negotiating and implementing complex/high risk contracts, through a range of tendering processes to meet business needs
- Providing ongoing support to the Development, Brand and Manufacturing teams through sourcing strategies and pricing forecasts.
- Delivering sustainability targets for individual ingredient categories
To be successful in this Procurement Manager – Ingredients role, you will require the following knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- Experienced Procurement Manager within ingredients or any product that could be affected by weather
- Be able to demonstrate experience of maintaining live knowledge of supply markets
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with key suppliers.
- A deep understanding of strategic sourcing methodologies
- Strong analytical thinking skills, able to identify market trends and issues. Working knowledge of Microsoft. Use of SAP desirable.
- Ability to think laterally, utilising problem-solving skills to develop new approaches.
- Skilled negotiator adept at managing complex negotiations.
- Effective and highly adaptable communicator with strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Capable of maintaining a collaborative and professional approach in all stakeholder relationships.
- Highly self-aware with a strong commitment to self-development
To register your interest in this Procurement Manager - Ingredients role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
Apply for Procurement Manager - Ingredients
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly