Procurement Manager - Packaging
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement Manager - Packaging to join our client’s expanding Procurement Team.
Our client, one of Britain's biggest food companies with leading brands in around 94% of UK households, as well as across multiple international markets has an urgent requirement for a Procurement Manager – Packaging.
Reporting to the Head of Category - Packaging, the role of Procurement Manager – Packaging is a challenging and exciting role managing multiple packaging substrate categories across our client’s entire Group. You will be responsible for assuring the supply of key packaging lines to our client’s factories across the country as well as optimising value for their business through best practice procurement and strong Supplier Relationship Management. Supporting a varied Innovation agenda and helping drive the delivery of Sustainability Strategies will be an integral part of the role.
As Procurement Manager – Packaging, you will be accountable and responsible for:
- Developing & implementing sustainable sourcing strategies that support business objectives
- Developing a deep understanding of markets & supply chains
- Identifying, negotiating & implementing collaborative relationships with key suppliers where appropriate.
- Negotiating & implementing complex/high risk contracts, through a range of tendering processes to meet business needs
- Providing ongoing support to the Development, Brand & Manufacturing teams through sourcing strategies & pricing forecasts.
- Identifying & implementing key packaging trends, risks & opportunities aligned to their business strategies.
To be successful in this Procurement Manager – Packaging role, you will require the following knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience in FMCG/Retail not required, however, a general interest in packaging technology, design & sustainability would be preferable
- Be able to demonstrate experience of maintaining live knowledge of supply markets
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with key suppliers.
- A deep understanding of strategic sourcing methodologies
- Strong analytical thinking skills, able to identify market trends and issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft. Use of SAP desirable.
- Ability to think laterally, utilising problem-solving skills to develop new approaches.
- Skilled negotiator adept at managing complex negotiations.
- Effective and highly adaptable communicator with strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Capable of maintaining a collaborative and professional approach in all stakeholder relationships.
- Highly self-aware with a strong commitment to self-development
- Ideally CIPS qualified with postgraduate qualification
To register your interest in this Procurement Manager - Packaging role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Procurement Manager - Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly