Contract Type: Open ended
Hours: Full time, flexible working
Location: Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Didcot/Hybrid working
Closing Date: 1st December 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 13th December 2021
What we offer
We recognise and value employees as individuals and strive to provide a pay and rewards package that motivates staff to perform to the best of their ability and maintain a good work/life balance. This includes opportunities to develop your career through training and personal development, 30 days' annual leave plus 10.5 public and privilege days, flexible working hours, an outstanding defined benefit pension scheme, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
This role is based at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Didcot, with ad-hoc travel to Polaris House, Swindon
UKRI is a very inclusive and flexible employer, and we are open to flexible working patterns and remote working. However it is expected that:
* You will attend any on-site meetings as needed
* You may be required to be in the office more at first to build relationships and understanding
We are hiring for an influential and adaptable Commercial Analyst to enable the Procurement team to make better informed decisions via the optimization of all accessible data and intelligence and in doing so enabling the generation of improved procurement outcomes.
The Commercial Analyst will understand and analyse the procurement team and senior management requirements. They will ensure outcomes are aligned with service vision and business strategy by contributing to the link between current and future procurement requirements. They will challenge constructively and act as a critical friend to any requests presented to them, to ensure that the data and intelligence produced as an end product is fit for purpose. They will lead effective communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user (procurement team) needs.
Key Areas of Accountability
* Governance and assurance for of all data and information held within Commercial Team repositories and accuracy, integrity and timeliness of intelligence and reporting outputs.
* Accountable for the Commercial document management system, including storage, retrieval and version control policies
* Lead Continuous Improvement initiatives for commercial intelligence and processes/procedures ensuring full traceability for decision making exist for all changes to processes and procedures against an auditable methodology
* Development and roll out of training programmes and materials for core systems and processes across the organisation
* Leading process and improvement group activities within the Department and wider with stakeholders
* Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent
* Degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
* Experience of using e-sourcing and enterprise-wide financial systems (such as Oracle, SAP, Workday and others)
* Basic knowledge of Procurement Regulations, Procurement & Contract Law and the legislative framework which underpins procurement activities with the UK
* High level analytical and presentation skills
* Experience of using PowerBi or similar data analytical software
* Significant experience in the process of capturing stakeholder needs, assessing, defining and justifying those needs to arrive at an agreed schedule of requirements.
* Significant experience in the ability to identify, document, and analyse the various delivery options and select the optimal solution.
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) is the leading funding agency investing in science and research in the UK. Sponsored by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), we operate across the whole of the UK with a combined budget of more than £8 billion and 7,500 employees. UKRI brings together the seven disciplinary research councils, Research England, which is responsible for supporting research and knowledge exchange at higher education institutions in England; and the UK's innovation agency, Innovate UK. For more information, please visit www.ukri.org
Our vision is to build an outstanding research and innovation system that gives everyone the opportunity to contribute and to benefit, enriching lives locally, nationally, and internationally. Throughout the last year UKRI has played a central role in convening and catalysing efforts to respond to the coronavirus pandemic, supporting hundreds of projects to address the challenges and helping innovative businesses. Now is an exciting time to join our team.
How to apply
Applicants are required to include a CV and cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to apply and to view the full role profile please visit our job board.