Chief Product Officer - Industrial Products
Chief Product Officer - $2B+ Revenue Product Portfolio
Global Industry Leading Industrial B2B Distribution Firm
Location: Remote base in US + Global Travel
Salary - Competitive Executive Level Salary + Bonus, Share Options & comprehensive benefits package
Contact - Rikard, Jobsrl@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
This industry-leading firm is a dominant player in its highly fragmented sector and has set ambitious growth targets for the coming years to strengthen its position in the market. The business is looking to drive its growth by consolidating the market through strategic mergers and acquisitions. This will inevitably bring on a greater level of complexity to the business and a significant increase to its already vast product portfolio.
For this reason, the organization is seeking to hire a Chief Product Officer who will be tasked with transforming the firm's commercial operations to optimize its approach to purchasing and sales. The Chief Product Officer should be an expert in indsutrial products and will play a critical leadership role coordinating with Category Management, Global Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Pricing teams to maximize the potential of the firm's "buy-side" operations. Simultaneously, they will work with Commercial, Marketing, and Digital teams to ensure the business has the best strategy on its "sell-side".
This is set to be an incredibly high-impact role as the Chief Product Officer will have responsibility for the company's $2B+ global sales revenue and the challenge of significantly increasing this sales figure over the next few years across all the core markets in EMEA, APAC, and Americas
Applicants must have experience working with physical goods distribution in a B2B or B2C retail or distribution environment. Experience in FinTech and Digital Products will not be relevant in this position.
Key procurement responsibilities of the Chief Product Officer:
- Optimization of the existing portfolio of over 2,500 suppliers, 600,000+ stocked inventory and over 3M non-stocked inventory
- Deliver improvements to supplier contracts by generating greater value whilst also reducing costs
- Implement a more robust and dynamic supplier and contract management platform to be rolled out across all global and regional purchasing teams
- Build more effective global agreements with strategic suppliers and provide greater transparency and cross-regional collaboration for regional and local supplier contracts
Key sales responsibilities of the Chief Product Officer:
- Delivery of improvements to the business' digital and e-commerce are to create better value for suppliers
- Creation of more effective global sales channels to leverage the capabilities of global suppliers
- Foster great relationships with global marketing and sales teams to create an environment that can add value to the suppliers that will outweigh business pend
The Chief Product Officer should also bring the following skills and experience:
- Track record of delivering commercial business transformation in a product-focused role; preferably in an industrial B2B environment but other retail, wholesale, or distribution sectors could also be considered
- Experience working in a truly global environment with the communication skills to build relationships with a diverse international stakeholder base
- A "supplier-first" mindset that places supplier value at the forefront of strategic decision making
To be the Chief Product Officer of this market-leading distribution firm you will require an arsenal of skills to cover the commercial demands of both purchasing and sales. On top of the exceptional skills required in driving internal business transformation on buy-side and sell-side activities, the Chief Product Officer will need to be a keen relationship builder able to nurture critical cross-functional relationships with the Heads of Supply Chain, Pricing, Marketing, Technology, Analytics, Finance, and other key business leaders.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to take on this challenging multi-billion $ role then apply now via the link above or by sending your application directly to Rikard at JobsRL@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Apply for Chief Product Officer - Industrial Products
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly