Category Procurement Manager
Category Procurement Manager
Location: Dartford or Manchester
Permanent, Full time role – Hybrid working split between office and home
Please note we have a number of roles available in procurement along with other categories. Just submit an application against any one of the positions and one of the team will review it.
Are you a procurement professional who can deliver internal and external customer satisfaction? Do you pride yourself on setting unimpeachable procurement standards? Then this could be the role for you. As a valued and integral part of Laing O'Rourke our procurement function build and develop mutually beneficial relationships with the supply chain. Are you someone that enjoys using strategic sourcing methodology?
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the fit-out category. Working in our fit-out category team you will ideally have knowledge of fit-out commodities and supply chain in a construction environment. Do you want to grow your knowledge of fit-out on major construction projects? If this appeals to you then please review the duties below.
If you don't have fit-out category experience we are still interested in hearing from you as you can transfer skill sets. Take a look at some duties below.
Key Capabilities and Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage the development of the category strategy
- Work with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing the supply chain by analysing performance, mapping and selected the best supply chain partners
- Assist with forecasting and demand planning
- Managing the preparation of tender lists including compiling enquiry documents, managing tender actions selecting and appointing suitable contractors
- Drafting and arranging for execution of sub-contract documentation
- Strong business acumen and commercials skills to enable the effective negotiation of sub-contracts and commodities
- A willingness to learn and knowledge of one of the key aspects of the fit-out category including drywall, ceilings, flooring, partition systems, joinery, decorative finishes or similar.
- An innovative thinker who has the ability to communicate at various levels and engage suppliers
- A desire to work towards MCIPS or hold MCIPS
Would you like to join a market leading procurement team? Do you want genuine career path guidance and regular reviews? Do you purchase commodities or subcontracts for large fit-out projects? Then don't hesitate to apply.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity and sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected and valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email email@example.com