NDT Level 3 Expert
Role- NDT Level 3 Expert (Production Quality)
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £40,950- £64,700 (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: 11th January 2022
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will be a Level 3 Responsible for the Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) staff competence to carry out NDT Quality Inspection across AWE including Production. Work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver NDT inspection duties to Programme.
Successful Candidates will be responsible to:
- Approve all aspects of training and examination practices of AWEs certification programme.
- Establish the written practice procedure for staff competence, aligning to AWE processes
- On behalf of AWE provides NDT staff written Authority to Work in NDT practices given their competence.
- Plans and executes training provision for NDT to maintain compliance with the written practice.
- Liaises with external partners to provide the best relevant and cost-effective training.
- Trains and supervises level 1 and level 2 staff.
- Carries out NDT practices to maintain own certification at Level 3 for NDT including all AWE NDT practices, production, operations and components.
- Carries out NDT inspection duties or NDT development duties to support delivery to Programme.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, it is desirable that the candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Relevant HNC/HND or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
- Membership of a recognized related professional body, or working towards i.e. MCQI.
- Level 3 Certified in NDT (PCN or ASNT)