Procurement CDM - Meat And Poultry
Procurement Category Development Manager - FTSE100 FMCG Retailer - West London - £60-65000 + Benefits
Are you passionate about food, and want to make a career defining move to an FTSE100 global brand? This exceptional global FMCG is seeking an ambitious and well-established procurement professional to join their award winning procurement function as a Category Development Manager - specializing in Meat & Poultry.
As a procurement Category Development Manager you will have complete autonomy over the meat & poultry category, developing new strategies working with key suppliers business franchises to bring an innovative approach to the category. You will be reporting into the Head of Procurement and be managing a small team of junior category specialists.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who works passionately within the food industry and is looking to move into a role which can make a real different to the business whilst also giving you clear progression pathways.
As a Procurement Category Development Manager you will:
- Take overall responsibility for the management of the Meat & Poultry category spend within the food division of circa £90-100M spend
- Play a crucial part in the progression and development of relationships between suppliers, optimising category and business growth
- Work closely with the head of division to deliver strategies for the growth of new products and identify opportunities for category development
- Manage your team and develop junior procurement professionals to upskill you team and the business
As a Procurement Category Development Manager experience required will include:
- Experience of working within a food and retail environment purchasing fresh produce, and if specific experience sits within meat and poultry that is desirable
- Ideally have experience managing multi-million £ categories
- Degree and CIPS desirable
If you want to hear more about this opportunity then please apply with a copy of your cv to Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: procurement, purchasing, direct procurement, strategic procurement, procurement category, category management, buying, senior buyer, food, ingredients, beverage, drinks, FTSE100, supplier management, London, UK, Surrey, flexible working, degree, cips, MCIPS