Commercial Lead - Inside IR35
Commercial Lead - Inside IR35
Contract Term: March 2022 with possibility of extension
Contracting Authority: Cabinet Office
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
This is an exciting time to be joining CO & HMT Commercial, as the team is attracting increasing levels of investment to help shape the commercial landscape at the heart of government, to achieve effective commercial outcomes and to build commercial acumen across two key departments that work on some of the UK’s most important policy issues.
The team is instrumental in developing and strengthening capability to embed a culture of commercial excellence supporting key operational and policy objectives. It works in partnership with all areas of the business and is a key influencer on strategic decisions, setting a direction of travel that is sustainable, embraces innovation, and ultimately delivers the greatest value.
Within these roles you will be exposed to a variety of different commercial challenges ranging from business cases and procurement to contract management, providing advice and input to projects across different business areas according to the priorities of the business. These roles are expected to be hands-on, challenging positions with scope for creative solutions.
As a Commercial Lead your main responsibilities would be:
- Act as a commercial advisor to the department, providing advice, guidance and support to the Business Unit to enable commercial opportunities and consequences to be understood
- Build effective relationships across your business unit (and when applicable across other central government organisations), fostering trust and transparency in order to allow you to provide the best level of commercial advice and guidance
- Work with the other team members to enable continual improvement and commercial capability development across the business unit.
- Provide hands-on targeted procurement or contract management support where required, for example where a contract or procurement activity is identified as being at risk or of high importance
- Work with the relevant Head of Commercial to implement any new governmental commercial policies across the department, engaging with the Government Commercial Function and other cross government departments where necessary
- Take responsibility for ensuring that a robust commercial pipeline and contracts register is in place for the business unit, working in partnership with the central Commercial Pipeline Manager
- MCIPS or working towards
- Experience in working within a commercial setting in government or the public sector
- Extensive knowledge of Public Sector procurement regulations
- Understanding of commercial, contract and supplier relationship management techniques and demonstrable experience of applying them in practice
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, including the ability to advise and guide stakeholders and build relationships with customers and suppliers
- Ability to evaluate and present complex contractual issues resulting in sound recommendations to senior managers for solutions
- Experience of leading a range of Commercial Projects Autonomously
- Extensive knowledge of various Public Sector frameworks
If this Commercial Lead role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply now or get in touch with Kim Dowdeswell - firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Please note PSR is recruiting for a wide range of commercial, procurement, contract and category management roles so if this role isn't of interest, please get in touch to discuss other opportunities..
"In applying for this role, you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.