Procurement Director, United Nations, New York
The Director position (Chief of Service) is located in the Procurement Division within the Office of Supply Chain Management, Department of Operational Support at United Nations Headquarters, New York.
The Office of Supply Chain Management consists of the Office of the Assistant Secretary-General for Supply Chain Management, the Logistics Division, the Procurement Division, the Uniformed Capabilities Support Division, Global Service Center, Umoja Coordination Service, Aviation Safety Section and the Enabling and Outreach Service.
The mandate of the Procurement Division is to provide responsive, effective, and quality expert procurement services and business advice to United Nations (UN) Headquarters, field missions, and other UN organizations, while achieving best value for money and ensuring a competitive, fair and transparent process in accordance with established regulations, rules and procedures.
The position reports to the Director of the Procurement Division. The Chief of Service may be responsible for the following duties:
- Manages the staff of the Service and coordinates the procurement works to support the activities of the Secretariat, peacekeeping operations and special political missions.
- Directs and coordinates the work of the Service in the implementation of a responsive and coherent policy for procurement.
- Ensures that the output produced by the Service maintain high-quality standards.
- Reviews, negotiates and approves proposals to award complex and high value contracts on behalf of the Organization.
- Provides the peacekeeping operations and special political missions with guidance on procurement policy and procedural issues, conducts periodic reviews of the procurement activities and ensures that the procurement processes are efficient and effective.
- Assists the Director in preparing the work programme of the Division.
- Conducts procurement assistance visits and consultancy missions to the peacekeeping operations and special political missions.
- Represents the Service at international, regional or national meetings and provides substantive expertise on procurement issues and hold substantive discussion with representatives of Member States, other organizations within the United Nations system, vendors and other entities.
Interested applicants should have the following experience:
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement or related functions, such as contract management, contract administration or logistics and supply chain management.
- At least seven (7) of the most recent fifteen (15) years in direct procurement experience, including the management of large scale, complex and high-value purchasing operations for the United Nations, or other similar international organization.
- Experience in managing various procurement categories.
For more information, contact the OSCM Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the position, click on the link provided, or go to the UN Careers Portal and search for Job Opening number164699: https://careers.un.org
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Buying Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Contracts Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Logistics Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Operations Public Sector jobs in Director / Head / VP / CPO