Senior Supply Chain Professional
Our Maritime Services Business
We support the Royal Navy and our international clients in the design and manufacture of naval ships and submarines, including their state of the art combat systems and equipment.
As part of the Maritime Services team, you'll play an important part in our supply and production. We design and build a full range of naval ships - from offshore patrol vessels through to giant aircraft carriers. And we provide the Royal Navy with its most advanced and powerful attack submarine fleet. Your expertise will contribute to our customers' capability to fulfil their extensive naval operations globally. We are the only provider of complex warships and their combat managements to the UK Royal Navy's surface fleet.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. We'll empower you to be your best and achieve your full potential. You'll be encouraged to find and implement innovative solutions to develop and challenge the way we do things, identifying and prioritising continuous improvement activities across the business.
Join us where you'll have the chance to make a real difference, where it counts.
Supply Chain Professional
We have an exciting role working within BAE Maritime Services Supply Chain supporting the process and build of a highly successful new Frigate for the Royal Navy. We currently have a vacancy for a Supply Chain Professional at our site in Portsmouth or Filton.
As a Supply Chain Professional, you will be managing the process of securing delivery of Type 26 supplier documentation (to support through life maintenance) and Procurement of Initial Training for RN Crews and Initial Spares Provisioning to meet the project timeline. This requires acting as the point of contact and pro-active stakeholder management of suppliers for Platform and/or Auxiliary Equipment working alongside BAE Naval Ships Supply Chain and Account Managers, with Maritime Services Support teams within Maintenance, ILS Support, Configuration Control and Training
You will also develop supply chain strategies and procurement plans, running RFQ process, managing Subcontractor relationships and ensuring timely, quality supplier deliveries for Procurement of Initial Training for RN Crews and Initial Spares Provisioning.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work with a wide and varied group of stakeholders and will provide you with the scope to develop and progress within the team
Your main responsibilities as a Supply Chain Professional will involve:
- Establishing & maintaining accurate forecasts for supplier document deliveries, based on equipment design maturity and supplier practicalities, for assigned Systems Procurement Packs
- Acting as Comments Consolidator for support CDRLs (for assigned suppliers and Procurement Packs), liaising with reviewers, suppliers and the engineering teams to achieve on time, quality deliveries
- Continuously improve the processes relating to supplier CDRLs
- Working with the Maritime Services and Naval Ships and other stakeholders, to recommend or influence make/buy and sourcing solutions
- Identifying suppliers, including running competitions and gaining supplier approval where appropriate
- Flow down of appropriate terms and conditions and develop contract packs
- Developing a negotiating strategy
- Placing subcontracts contracts direct to the Maritime Services supply chain or indirectly for the Naval Ships supply chain for both direct and indirect materials and process.
- Reviewing and managing the supplier performance, manage change and maintain relationships.
Your skills and qualifications:
- CIPS level 4 or ongoing study
- Excellent stakeholder management at all levels internally / externally
- Good knowledge of Microsoft (including Excel)
- Experience in Contract Management
- Understanding of defence contracts - desirable
- Experience of SAP, Aviva - desirable
What we are looking for in you:
Strong communication (verbal and written) and influencing skills to negotiate internally and externally, ability to interpret data and articulate complex information.
Location: Portsmouth / Filton
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.