As a Commercial Manager you will be responsible for leading on the commercial aspects of complex procurements to ensure appropriate sourcing strategies are utilised to fulfil business needs. and then work closely with our third-party suppliers to improve service delivery. Furthermore, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of our internal commercial processes.
- Manage end to end tender processes from requirement, building specifications, evaluation, contract award through to contract management.
- Embed and develop continuous Category Management improvements.
- Undertake the development, review and negotiation of large, complex contracts, ensuring the delivery of the commercial pipeline.
- Deliver supplier cost reduction targets from new and existing contracts, identifying increased efficiencies and process improvements.
- Ensure contract performance and risk management.
- Deliver commercial support utilising the organisation's eProcurement tool.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and confidently lead dialogue with these stakeholders throughout the procurement process.
- Proactively engage with supplier base for innovation and influence best practise on procurement processes.
- Carry out forward planning of procurement activity including reviewing tender event schedules.
- Collaborate with peers from the other business units to understand the existing relationship procurement has with the rest of the organisation and identify the opportunities to maximise adding value.
- Lead, support and provide updates on tenders, contract review and negotiations.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a business-related subject.
- CIPS qualified or working towards.
- Solid experience of working in a Procurement Management team within a larger matrix management structure.
- Fully conversant with tendering requirements from conception through to contract delivery and award, through to effective relationship management.
- Capability to research markets to understand the internal and external influences to guide best practice procurements.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and eProcurement tools.
- Experience of liaising with Executive Directors and Senior Managers.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Comfortable working under pressure and within strict deadlines.
- Possess a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business areas.
- Possess strong business acumen.
- Possess superior influencing skills - able to influence and motivate others using personal rather than positional power.
- Ability to set expectation with IT and effectively leverage governance for a positive technology experience.
- Strategic thinker focused on business value results that utilise technical solutions.
- Experienced people leader, able to develop, motivate and drive team performance.