As a Procurement Lead you will be required to work with the business to explore and develop cost effective sourcing strategies, as well as lead on commercial aspects of procurements to ensure business needs are fulfilled efficiently.
- Undertake category performance analysis.
- Support the development, take ownership, and full accountability for the deployment of the allocated sourcing strategies.
- Ensure the successful management of contracts, including identifying and managing legal project risks and issues.
- Take ownership for allocated projects including management of the commercial plan for all ‘live’ and ‘pipeline’ projects.
- Provide support and advice to the business for commercial activities in line with UCAS procurement policy and procedures and corporate governance policies.
- Evaluate and implement all opportunities to optimise the best value to customers, as well as building and maintaining effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are appropriately informed about progress, issues, and risks in a timely and professional manner.
- To report to the commercial team on a weekly basis, providing updates of all commercial activities.
- To support in the development and implementation of a supplier relationship management plan focusing on both tactical and strategic suppliers alike.
- On behalf of the Head of Commercial and Estates, and commercial managers, provide support for the resolution of all supplier performance issues through mediation and/or formal performance management measures, if appropriate.
- Maintain and keep updated procurement records.
- Assessing the current sourcing strategy and benchmarking process.
- Carry out contract renewals and tender exercises utilising public sector frameworks when appropriate, including value for money assessments.
- Foster close working relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external to the business.
- Knowledgeable of procurement best practice aligned to deliver against the procurement policy.
- To utilise and manage the eProcurement system as and when required.
- Identify new suppliers, tender, agree terms, and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures, supplier consolidation, and volume rebates.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a business-related subject, and/or CIPS qualified.
- Solid experience of working in a procurement management team within a larger matrix management structure.
- Fully conversant with tendering requirements from conception to contract delivery and award, through to effective relationship management.
- Capability to research markets to understand the internal and external influences to guide best practice procurements.
- Experience or excellent understanding of how to lead tender exercises with project teams is desirable.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and procurement ordering systems.
- Experience of dealing with Executive Directors and Senior Managers.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Comfortable working under pressure and within strict deadlines.