Procurement Category Manager - Construction, Property and Rail
Global Category Manager - Indirect Generalist - Construction/Utilities/ Railway - FTSE 100 Construction Major - Can be based anywhere in the UK (WFH) - £65-70k + Benefits
Highly regarded as one of the best global construction Companies, and best in class procurement function, This construction major is seeking a highly ambitious and well-rounded procurement professional to join their well-established team looking after the indirect spend with an emphasis on Construction, Rail, property and utility.
This is an incredible opportunity for an up-and-coming procurement professional with experience across a variety of sub categories within the aforementioned categories to join and drive innovation to excel the company in new directions. You will be working hand in hand with the Head of Procurement to establish and build strategies which can be implemented across a vast range of projects.
In this role you will be given autonomy to lead strategic category plans across a range of different categories, partnering with key stakeholders to understand the commercial objectives of the business, before applying procurement principles to achieve the maximum results.
Procurement Sourcing Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing a large spend across all indirect Procurement subcategories
- Develop new strategies for business development and reporting to senior members as to how the company can develop the Procurement function further
- Negotiate, and create relationships, with internal & external suppliers whilst developing a strong network for each particular market
- Conduct deep research into property, rail and construction categories and identify how you can generate savings across them
- Manage stakeholder relationships - ensuring a positive working relationship is in place
Key Skills & Experience Sought:
- Strong Indirect Procurement experience
- Proven track record of managing a large spend and delivering savings
- History of negotiating with the ability to influence decisions in your favour
- Good communication skills with past experience managing supplier and stakeholder relationships
- Friendly, driven person looking to maintain high standards and set an example for self as well as others
- Degree level 2.1 or equivalent (desirable)
- CIPS (desirable)
To find out more and apply please send your CV to Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, negotiation, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, purchasing, buying, Indirect, Consultancy Procurement, Advisory Services Procurement