Procurement Senior Category Manager - Civils and Utilities
Senior Procurement Category Manager - Engineering/ Utilities / Rail / Infrastructure - World Leading Retailer - Offices UK Wide + WFH- £60,000 - £70,000 - Global Environment - Quick Progression
A fantastic opportunity has been made available for a talented Senior Procurement Category Manager with a preferred background in FMCG, Retail, Consultancy or Automotive industries. The successful Senior Category Manager will oversee a large spend in various areas of GNFR, covering areas ranging from sourcing raw materials through to maintenance, for huge £multimillion rail and engineering projects, whilst implementing new strategies for business development and ways of distributing cost. The autonomy that comes with this role is what makes it so unique, the successful Senior Procurement Category Manager will be given the freedom to heavily influence different areas of the procurement function within a global firm.
With offices Nationwide, this role also comes with an exceptional package; catered to ensuring staff satisfaction and a positive work/life balance with travel expenses are also covered. This procurement role also offers the potential for real progression. Working closely with the Head of Procurement and other senior members of the firm and in a friendly and developmental environment the successful Senior Procurement Category Manager will be given the chance to grow within the company.
Procurement Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing a large procurement spend across various GNFR sub-categories specifically within the engineering, construction, rail and utilities categories
- Develop new procurement strategies for business development and reporting to senior members as to how the company may take advantage of them.
- Negotiate, and create relationships with, internal & external suppliers whilst developing a strong network for each particular market.
- Use computer processes that are currently in place, looking at each entire category and generating savings across them.
- Manage stakeholder relationships - ensuring a positive working relationship is in place.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Shown consistent progression and an eagerness to develop your career
- Strong procurement experience in retail, FMCG, construction or automotive is desirable
- Proven track record of managing a large procurement spend and delivering savings
- History of negotiating with the ability to influence decisions in your favour
- Good communication skills with past experience managing supplier and stakeholder relationships
- Friendly, driven person looking to maintain high standards and set an example for self as well as others
- CIPS (desirable)
- Degree level 2.1 or equivalent (desirable)
If you are interested and feel you have the relevant skills and experience please contact Sophie at email@example.com
Key Skills; procurement, supply chain, manager, category manager, senior procurement manager, construction, CIPS, indirect, commodities, engineering, capex, FM, OPEX, Rail, Construction, Utilities, FMCG, Construction, FMCG, FTSE 100, Category Manager, Head of Procurement,