Estates Facilities and Procurement Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role working on an ambitious infrastructure strategy to improve and renew elements of the estate of this prestigious and leading co-educational independent boarding school.
The Uppingham School estate covers 125 non-contiguous acres, almost one mile apart at its extremities and interspersed by town housing and retail properties. It includes 59 acres of playing fields, 14 acres of gardens, and a built estate of 80 buildings with an insurance replacement value of £200 million, whose combined external footprint is 775,000 sq ft, and of which 23 are listed (Grades I – II). Buildings include teaching blocks, assembly buildings, boarding houses, staff housing, administrative and technical accommodation, and sports facilities.
To fulfil the position of Estates Facilities and Procurement Manager, we are looking for an outstanding individual, who will be a dynamic and process-driven character, able to identify problems and provide structured solutions.
Their key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting and supporting the Estates Director in planning and delivering a world-class schooling environment
- Playing a central role in modernising working practices, communicating with all stakeholders, delivering a high standard of customer service and helping fellow managers improve the culture in the Estates team
- Ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of a key frontline service, maintaining a customer focus at all times
- Assisting the Estates team in the procurement and management of contracts, maintaining central records for all contracts and related information i.e. contractor insurances, contractor evaluation records, performance monitoring against agreed standards
The ideal candidate will require membership of a relevant body (IWFM, CIPS, CMI) as well as an IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
They will also need experience of contract management and developing and implementing procurement strategies, as well as line management experience, and experience of using a CAFM system.
In return, Uppingham School offer a range of benefits, which include:
- 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health scheme
- Free Westfield Healthcare
- Free membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 annual joining fee)
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- School fee discount for children of staff.
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts (via Sodexo platform)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Occupational Health Services
- Free annual flu jabs
- Recognised as a “Disability Confident” employer
- Recognised as a “Mindful” employer
For further details about this unique opportunity and to apply, please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 28th January 2022.
Interviews will take place on 15th February 2022.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo full screening in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KSCiE), including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils will be explored at interview.