Defence Procurement Sourcing Manager - CPS
Indirect Generalist Procurement Sourcing Specialist - Global FTSE 100 mjor - Hampshire / Surrey - £40 - 45K + Package
An exciting opportunity has arisen in one of the largest global defence companies. Due to the dynamic environment of the business they have taken on new £multimillion Aerospace projects and are therefore seeking to expand their award winning procurement function. They are looking for an up-and-coming procurement professional with exceptional knowledge and experience in the indirect category spend to join as a Sourcing Procurement Specialist.
This role offers great learning and development opportunities, with a clear pathway into category management positions. Despite the training, you will also be given a large amount of autonomy with the indirect spend managing key suppliers and stakeholders.
As a Procurement Sourcing Specialist you will:
- Sourcing across the Indirect category including, Professional Services, IT, Marketing, Fleet, FM and other sub-categories
- Engaging with senior stakeholders from day one, gaining the level of exposure needed to progress rapidly
- Being involved in the design and implementation of innovative sourcing strategies
- Leading direct negotiation with key vendors
- Managing the end-to-end procurement process, including RFI, RFP, contract drafting and contract negotiation
- Being mentored by industry experts in a collaborative and meritocratic environment
- Desired background and traits:-
- Specialist procurement or purchasing experience, with full knowledge of the end-to-end sourcing process (including RFI, RFP, ITT, negotiation, stakeholder engagement)
- Previous experience of sourcing within the IT category (software, hardware, services)
- Degree & CIPS qualification preferred
- Driven, articulate, and collaborative
This is a stand out opportunity for an indirect procurement professional looking for a catalyst for career progression. This multinational blue chip firm has a track record for rapidly accelerating their talented team members, who will in turn ensure that the successful candidate is mentored and guided to achieve the same success.
If you are interested and would like to hear more please send your CV to Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: Procurement, Indirect, Strategic Sourcing, IT, Software, Hardware, Professional Services, FM, Technology, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), SAP, Ariba, Oracle, FTSE 250, Purchasing, Buying, Negotiation, Vendor Management, Contract Management, Project Management