Global Category Lead - Software
Global Category Lead - Software
Global Technology Services Provider
Location - Flexible within Europe (London, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich)
Salary - Competitive package & Benefits dependent on location
Contact - Rikard, JobsRL@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
This global leader in the IT Service sector is looking for a software procurement expert to join its ranks in Europe to lead their critical high-value software spending.
As the Global Category Lead for Software, you will act as a coordinator of the global software spend valued at over €1Bln that is managed by a network of 30+ local buyers around the world. You will be responsible for indirectly managing the network of buyers in a matrix reporting structure to ensure the best value is consistently delivered in line with the global software strategy.
You will also be the global point of contact for the largest IT Software Vendors responsible for negotiating global software agreements with some of the largest suppliers in the industry. It's therefore imperative that you have excellent knowledge of the global software landscape and exceptional ability in global contract negotiations to ensure the business obtain the most favorable terms.
You will be joining an organization that prides itself in its meritocratic style and promotes individuals based on their skills, ability, and deliverables meaning you can progress as quickly as you can demonstrate your motivations and ability to the leadership team. You will also have the advantage of being part of a global organization that highly values its internal mobility which will allow you to take on new roles and projects within other procurement teams across the business' global network.
As the Global Category Lead - Software you will be responsible for:-
- Providing subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders on all matters relating to global software services procurement
- Leading negotiations with top global software vendors such as Microsoft, IBM, SAP, VMware, BMC, Oracle & others
- Delivering long-term global category management strategy to leverage business volume and future demand
- Ensuring effective delivery of global category strategy across the network of local buyers worldwide
- Challenging internal IT business stakeholders on their requirements and cost budgeting
Necessary skills and experience required to be considered for the Global Category Lead - Software position:-
- Proven track record of leading a global software procurement portfolio and managing relationships with top-tier global software vendors
- Degree qualified to BSc level as a minimum; Additional procurement qualifications or MBA highly desirable
- Experience in negotiating complex global contractual agreements for software services and software licensing
- Excellent communication skills in English; fluency in French, German, or other EU languages highly beneficial
If you are looking for a fast-paced work environment that rewards hard work and high performance with promotions and internal career mobility then this is a fantastic opportunity for you. As the Global Category Lead for Software, you will be in a high-visibility position with the ability to impact a significant portion of the company's global procurement spend. You will be part of a highly talented group of procurement professionals to grow and learn alongside.
To register your interest in the position please share your most recent CV (English Version) with Rikard at JobsRL@bramwithconsulting.co.uk