Procurement & Facilities Management Business Partner
The Oil and Gas Authority’s role is to work with the industry and government on economic recovery of the UK’s oil and gas resources, whilst also supporting the move to net zero carbon by 2050.
Our ambition is to be a world-leading authority setting the framework for a sustainable and competitive UK oil and gas industry. We believe that economic recovery of oil and gas is not in conflict with the transition to net zero carbon and that the industry has the skills, technology and capital to help unlock solutions to help the UK achieve the net zero target.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement and Corporate Services this role will provide advice to the organisation for procurement & commercial activity. This will include working with BEIS on cross government initiatives and ensuring Cabinet Office Controls and commercial standards are maintained.
The post holder will manage the Facilities Management Team and the Facilities Management contracts for both London and Aberdeen.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
- OGA, strengthen the control environment, and ensure procurement and commercial information published internally is up to date.
- Support Heads of Team and Project Owners in the set up and delivery of their projects in accordance with the requirements of the Procurement Policy
- Keep management information systems on procurement and contract management up to date so that the OGA can ensure compliance, and report accurately and efficiently (e.g. on third party involvement)
- Supporting the Head of Procurement in ensuring all Procurement activity complies with relevant procurement Law, Cabinet Office regulations and commercial standards.
- Ensure that OGA can meet reporting and ‘transparency’ requirements, in an administratively light touch way, including the contracts disclosure requirement
- Support the sourcing process, including bid evaluation, market engagement, setting timelines, governance and processes.
- Deputise for the Head of Procurement as necessary
Managing strategic supplier relationships
- Identify opportunities for aggregating buying and establishing corporate contracts.
- Helping to manage key supplier relationships – ensuring service resilience and continuity.
- Ensuring that performance standards are maintained
- Helping contract owners to manage contracts and advise of required activity to improve contract performance.
- Work with the Finance Team to understand budgets and to plan spend activity.
Ensuring procurement delivers best value
- Work with the Head of Procurement to maintain and amend standard terms and conditions for OGA suppliers, where appropriate
- Ensuring procurement guidance is user friendly, up to date, and sufficient (for example on managing a procurement and using appropriate evidence on which to base a value-optimising decision)
- Supporting renegotiation for change or extension of scope
- Ensuring service buyers operate sound contract management before, during and at the end of a contract, and that the department is aware of and equipped to act appropriately as the customer
Ensuring compliance with policy objectives through procurement
- Where we are mandated to achieve policy outcomes through procurement, such as ensuring that suppliers achieve certain standards of equality/non-discrimination, apprenticeships, SME spend.
- Ensuring suppliers provide and we maintain the data needed to monitor our compliance
- Manage the Facilities management team.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring the Facilities management contracts
- Responsible for the Facilities Management budget
- Ensure appropriate office accommodation is in place for the organisation to achieve its aims
- Ensure the organisation meets its health and safety requirements
- Provide oversight to the team in the appropriate fitout and occupation of new offices
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
- Fully qualified MCIPS
- Experience of/knowledge of public sector procurement
- Experience of contract management
- Knowledge of Cabinet Office Controls and initiatives.
- Project Management qualification e.g. Prince2