IT Procurement Category Manager
IT Procurement Category Manager - Hybrid Working - Established Public Sector Organisation
Location: West London
Contact Isabelle at email@example.com
A well-established public sector organisation is seeking an IT Category Manager to join their procurement function. Reporting directly to the Director of Procurement, this role offers the opportunity to work closely with and learn from an industry leader, as well as other category managers, therefore developing your skills within procurement.
With an excellent holiday allowance, you will be based on a campus with numerous amenities such as, multiple café's, gyms. This role will also entail working with SME's within the local community so as to bolster sustainable procurement for the organisation. Working within this relatively immature procurement function provides the opportunity to develop the management of the categories under your own specifications.
IT Procurement Category Manager Role Involves:
- Working with Tier 1 suppliers, to facilitate the effective management of IT procurement across a variety of areas, including but not limited to: software, hardware, cloud, infrastructure, networks.
- The opportunity to develop category plans which underpin the procurement sourcing strategies of the organisation.
- Being part of a wider team responsible for creating a highly effective and centrally co-ordinated procurement function.
- The creation of proactive relationships with relevant stakeholders, in order to create a collaborative working environment.
- To identify areas of cost saving and value adding across IT within the organisation.
IT Procurement Category Manager Success Profile:
- An excellent and proven knowledge base within IT procurement categories, and procurement strategy.
- A track record of strong effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree and MCIPS preferred but not essential.
- Mixed experience within both public and private sector work is preferred but not essential.
- The ability to maintain a high level of credibility while facilitating the delivery of substantial and sustainable savings.
If you feel you could be successful within this role please send your profile to Isabelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Procurement, Procurement Category Manager, IT Procurement, Procurement Generalist, IT Category Manager, IT Procurement Generalist, Communication, Degree, MCIPS, MCIPS Equivalent, E-Sourcing, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Procurement analytics, Hardware Procurement, Software procurement, Cloud procurement, Network procurement, Infrastructure procurement.