An opportunity to make a difference and join the NHS, one of largest employers and leading healthcare systems in the world.
Cumbria and North Lancashire Shared Procurement Service have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Buyer, working across University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust (UHMB) and North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust (NCIC). We are located close to areas of outstanding natural beauty, with the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales within easy reach, with office locations in the historic cities of Lancaster and Carlisle, the industrial towns of Barrow-in-Furness and Whitehaven, as well as the market town of Kendal.
We are looking for Lead Buyers who have a passion for procurement and are confident in engaging with stakeholders at all levels, and driven to provide the best experience for our customers. Our Lead Buyers are aligned to a Care Group (Medicine, Surgery, or Non-Clinical) and work with key clinical and non-clinical stakeholders to ensure patient needs and outcomes are fully met, goods and services are purchased in line our key procurement procedures, and we purchase the right products at exceptional value for money.
The role will involve:
- Leading a range of procurement projects including planning and selection strategies; tendering and award decisions.
- Close engagement with key stakeholders, including clinicians, finance and external suppliers to achieve a cost effective procurement of goods and/or services.
- Planning, negotiating and delivering a cost reduction work plan for goods and/or services, working closely with clinical/non-clinical staff including senior managers and external stakeholders without compromising quality of service.
- Provide professional advice to clinical/non-clinical staff including senior managers in respect of the procurement process, including Public Procurement legislation, UK law, Trust Standing Financial Instructions and NHS Procurement guidance.
- Lead commercial negotiations with suppliers.
- Standardisation and rationalisation of goods across the Trust(s), ensuring that standards and legislation are followed for product/equipment trials.
Skills and qualifications:
We are passionate about our people to develop and unleash potential whether it is one day courses or CIPS qualifications. We are looking for new colleagues who are self-motivated and who have a real enthusiasm for procurement. Ideally we are looking for people who:
- Enthusiastic with an ability to flourish in a demanding environment using their procurement skills and experience underpinned by strong resilience.
- CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply) qualified, Level 4.
- Have knowledge and experience of public sector tender procurement but more importantly have a rounded experience matched with a desire to drive change.
- Experience of leading and negotiating high value and complex procurement projects and project management and bringing colleagues with them on the change journey.
- Have proven negotiation skills, influential and assertive with tact and diplomacy. Can demonstrate a track record of change within procurement and work with people of all levels and skill sets.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise your workload in line with organisational requirements and can demonstrate resilience.
- Have a flexible attitude to deliver within a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Microsoft 365 and Excel skills.
A full job description and person specification is available on request.
For further details regarding this vacancy please contact:
Kathryn Howarth, Integrated Procurement Manager, e-mail: Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org