Deputy Integrated Procurement Manager
An opportunity to make a difference and join the NHS, one of largest employers and leading healthcare systems in the world.
Cumbria and North Lancashire Shared Procurement Service have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Integrated Procurement Manager, working across University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust (UHMB) and North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust (NCIC). We are located close to areas of outstanding natural beauty, with the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales within easy reach, with office locations in the historic cities of Lancaster and Carlisle, the industrial towns of Barrow-in-Furness and Whitehaven, as well as the market town of Kendal.
We are looking for Deputy integrated Procurement Managers who are confident in engaging with stakeholders at all levels including managers and executives, and driven to provide the best experience for our customers. Our Deputy Integrated Procurement Managers are aligned to a Care Group (Medicine, Surgery, or Non-Clinical) and work with key clinical and non-clinical stakeholders to ensure patient needs and outcomes are fully met. They will help manage and develop the Care Group facing team to ensure goods and services are purchased in line our key procurement procedures, and we purchase the right products at exceptional value for money.
In summary, we are looking for staff who have a passion for procurement and who believe they can make a difference.
The role will involve:
- Working with the Integrated Procurement Manager and Care Group Team to develop and implement the Trust's Procurement Strategy within a defined Care Group to ensure cost effective purchasing;
- Develop and deliver of a Cost Improvement Programme for a Care Group (Medicine, Surgery, or Non Clinical);
- Work with stakeholders to deliver a number of strategic procurements, both above and below public procurement regulations, ensuring products and services are fit for purpose, cost effective and efficient. This will include the development of a procurement strategy for the chosen area, pre-market engagement, issuing and evaluating tenders, contract award and onward Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Engaging with stakeholders and suppliers to develop procurement plans and manage contracts effectively.
- Deputising for the Integrated Procurement Manager at key meetings as required.
- Take an active role in team development and staff management to enhance team skills and create opportunities for progression.
Skills and qualifications:
We are passionate about our people to develop and unleash potential whether it is one day courses or CIPS qualifications. We are looking for new colleagues who are self-motivated and who have a real enthusiasm for procurement. Ideally we are looking for people who are:
- Enthusiastic with an ability to flourish in a demanding environment, using their skills and experience to develop the team and ensure key deadlines are met.
- CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply) qualified, Level 5.
- Have significant knowledge and experience of tendering requirements.
- Experience of leading and negotiating high value and complex procurement projects, project management and bringing colleagues with them on the change journey.
- Have proven negotiation skills, influencing and assertiveness with tact and diplomacy. Can demonstrate a track record of change within procurement and work with people of all levels and skill sets.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage a team and provide advice regarding workload prioritisation and can demonstrate resilience.
- Have a flexible attitude to deliver within a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Microsoft 365 and Excel skills.
A full job description and person specification is available on request.
For further details regarding this vacancy please contact:
Kathryn Howarth, Integrated Procurement Manager, e-mail: Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org